Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/18 Schedule makers are Dbags

8/18 Schedule makers are Dbags

Who the hell begin a series with a day game mid week? A win is the only cure for such calamity.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Hey, don't knock day games. I work at a 24-hour diner. I start at 6PM and work until any time between 12 and 4AM, depending on how busy it is. The owner refuses to put the TVs in the dining room on any channels that might show sports. So the only time I can follow the game is if I get my break before it ends and can go to my car to listen to the radio. So day games are awesome, I can actually listen to them live instead of having to wait until I get home to see if the Sox won.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Who the hell begin a series with a day game mid week? A win is the only cure for such calamity.
    Want to know who begins a series with a day game? Dave Dombrowski. Thursday day games are a tradition now in Detroit started by yours truly Dave Dombrowski.

I think the Tigers are trying to copy the Cubs, only to blow everything in the LCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

13station mojo on fleek.
    Eff dirty Dee-troit.
    WIN.

Clay - pitch good. thanks.
    other names i have posted under: none

This is the time to play the Tigers. Castellanos, Iglesias, and Maybin are out with injuries. Cabrera is injured but will likely play. Upton has been useless. The only real threats are Kinsler, the Martinii, and possibly Cabrera.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Every Thursday home game for the Tigers this season is a 1:08 EDT start. Unfortunately for the Sox, this is the only instance of such a game starting a series.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Every Thursday home game for the Tigers this season is a 1:08 EDT start. Unfortunately for the Sox, this is the only instance of such a game starting a series.
    Its been that way for a few years and yet Dombrowski who started this and denied other teams request to move the game asked to have the game moved. I guess he thought his old team owed him a favor? Did he ask Baltimore to move their game? Who has a night game on get away day?

Kill Dey-twah. Win. Dance. Repeat. x7
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Tigers my ass.

This is a team of fucking pussies. Aside from VMart, The Wife Baeater, and Kinsler their position players blow goats. The pitching is not what it used to be, in my opinion.

Jet lag, hangover, airline food poisoning aside, the Sox stroll into town to remind the unfortunate residents just how bad off they are.

Pound these pukes into submission.

GO SOX!!!11!!!!1
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Tigers my ass.

This is a team of fucking pussies. Aside from VMart, The Wife Baeater, and Kinsler their position players blow goats. The pitching is not what it used to be, in my opinion.

Jet lag, hangover, airline food poisoning aside, the Sox stroll into town to remind the unfortunate residents just how bad off they are.

Pound these pukes into submission.

GO SOX!!!11!!!!1
    JD Martinez has only been worth 4 and 5 WAR the past two seasons and currently has a 935 OPS but blows goats.

By the way, Cabrera is not a wife beater. His wife beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalUsername View Post
    JD Martinez has only been worth 4 and 5 WAR the past two seasons and currently has a 935 OPS but blows goats.

By the way, Cabrera is not a wife beater. His wife beat him.
    I forgot about the other Martinez. I only remember that Miggie was very drunk and involved in domestic violence with his Wife. That was all I remember hearing from the Boston media at that time.

But thanks for dropping by and killing the buzz big guy.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I forgot about the other Martinez. I only remember that Miggie was very drunk and involved in domestic violence with his Wife. That was all I remember hearing from the Boston media at that time.

But thanks for dropping by and killing the buzz big guy.
    There was an altercation but Cabrera was the one with physical marks. He was accused of breaking his wife's phone. Cabrera was arrested and Dombrowski bailed him out.

Castellanos, Iglesias, and Maybin have been good position players but are injured. The rotation has also been better. Verlander has been back to his old self, Fulmer is one of the better pitchers in the AL, and Boyd has pitched well of late. Norris is also been ok and is a top prospect.
    Last edited by OriginalUsername; 08-18-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalUsername View Post
    There was an altercation but Cabrera was the one with physical marks. He was accused of breaking his wife's phone. Cabrera was arrested and Dombrowski bailed him out.

Castellanos, Iglesias, and Maybin have been good position players but are injured. The rotation has also been better. Verlander has been back to his old self, Fulmer is one of the better pitchers in the AL, and Boyd has pitched well of late. Norris is also been ok and is a top prospect.
    That's all well and good Buddy. I was just trying to have some fun. I don't follow the Tigers much since Kaline retired so I don't know any of these things.

My post was not much more than saying "YANKEES SUCK!!!!!".

But you had to show everyone that you are better hung than me.

Outstanding!

That's all well and good Buddy. I was just trying to have some fun. I don't follow the Tigers much since Kaline retired so I don't know any of these things.

My post was not much more than saying "YANKEES SUCK!!!!!".

But you had to show everyone that you are better hung than me.

Outstanding!
    I am sorry discussing the team the Red Sox are playing emasculates you.