Register now to remove this ad

Thread: So you want to play professional baseball, do you?

So you want to play professional baseball, do you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...4fa_story.html

I found this article today. Pretty interesting how Baseball continues to skirt labor law and exploit young men with a dream.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

awesome article. thanks for sharing.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    awesome article. thanks for sharing.
    It is enlightening. I am very glad that you liked it.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It was very enlightening. I didn't realize how bad it was for the low minor leaguers. I found it interesting that a couple of the players didn't want to join in with the class action suit, saying that they knew what they were getting into and that they were grateful for the opportunity.

MLB should take some of the money from the top, and distribute it to the lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It was very enlightening. I didn't realize how bad it was for the low minor leaguers. I found it interesting that a couple of the players didn't want to join in with the class action suit, saying that they knew what they were getting into and that they were grateful for the opportunity.

MLB should take some of the money from the top, and distribute it to the lower levels.
    That would be a start. Paying at least minimum wage would be good too.