Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Time Buying a House...

You can write off the mortgage interest and the taxes and the principal you keep. Renting is a total waste of money unless you are living on such a low rent that it makes it worthwhile
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You can write off the mortgage interest and the taxes and the principal you keep. Renting is a total waste of money unless you are living on such a low rent that it makes it worthwhile
    The mortgage interest deduction may be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Unfortunately.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Don't ever buy a house...... rent............. My entire life I've lived in an apartment till now. Houses are a pain in the ass.... stress..... worry.....taxes....... insurance........

If you are a grown up that wants responsibility and save money that is fine. Get a house........... otherwise......... DONT BUY A HOUSE...
    And if your house gets a leak that causes mold to appear, don't expect your insurance to cover the costs of getting a new roof even if it is included in your insurance policy. FML. Insurance is a scam.

My fingers are crossed that the private insurance adjuster we hired will make those fuckers pay.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    My suggestion is the same as it is for any other necessary home repair: Burn it down for the insurance money and frame whoever in your neighborhood is the last person to shovel their sidewalk after a snowstorm. Every storm it's the same guy, and fuck that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    My suggestion is the same as it is for any other necessary home repair: Burn it down for the insurance money and frame whoever in your neighborhood is the last person to shovel their sidewalk after a snowstorm. Every storm it's the same guy, and fuck that guy.
    Sounds like a legit plan to me.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Current plan is to be able to deduct mortgage interest on no more than $500K worth of a mortgage. That means anyone who has a mortgage above $500K will be able to deduct up to a maximum limit and nothing further. But I am grandfathered in on my two properties
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And if your house gets a leak that causes mold to appear, don't expect your insurance to cover the costs of getting a new roof even if it is included in your insurance policy. FML. Insurance is a scam.

My fingers are crossed that the private insurance adjuster we hired will make those fuckers pay.
    Dang. that's a kick in the balls........ What's interesting is I just recently met with my insurance company to renew for the year. And she covered THAT EXACT scenario saying they don't pay for that. Along with telling me they don't cover foundation issue, which is a huge problem in our area......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Dang. that's a kick in the balls........ What's interesting is I just recently met with my insurance company to renew for the year. And she covered THAT EXACT scenario saying they don't pay for that. Along with telling me they don't cover foundation issue, which is a huge problem in our area......
    A few years ago, we had massive damage to our pool and a huge leak in our roof that caused mold to grow in my son's room. Their insurance adjuster came out and said "we don't cover pools, that leak can be fixed without reaching your deductible." We spoke to a private adjuster this year and he basically said they were straight up lying to us about both scenarios.

Insurance is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    A few years ago, we had massive damage to our pool and a huge leak in our roof that caused mold to grow in my son's room. Their insurance adjuster came out and said "we don't cover pools, that leak can be fixed without reaching your deductible." We spoke to a private adjuster this year and he basically said they were straight up lying to us about both scenarios.

Insurance is a scam.
    I go with State Farm. I remember the Lady when we re-upped talking about the exact situation of your roof and the mold and saying we don't cover that. And I remember thinking..... well........ what the hell are you good for then. That one must come up a lot.

On another stoy. We have a home warranty for appliances. My hot water heatr is WAY past due to be swapped out. The company that makes them gives them a bit more than a decade then says they should be swapped out. We are on a decade plus a few years and the thing sounds like it is going. But, the warranty company wont cover it till it goes. And I hear many times when it breaks down...... it leaks...... and floods the house.....which would cost thousands of dollars of at least laminate damage.
    In our yellow submarine

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I go with State Farm. I remember the Lady when we re-upped talking about the exact situation of your roof and the mold and saying we don't cover that. And I remember thinking..... well........ what the hell are you good for then. That one must come up a lot.

On another stoy. We have a home warranty for appliances. My hot water heatr is WAY past due to be swapped out. The company that makes them gives them a bit more than a decade then says they should be swapped out. We are on a decade plus a few years and the thing sounds like it is going. But, the warranty company wont cover it till it goes. And I hear many times when it breaks down...... it leaks...... and floods the house.....which would cost thousands of dollars of at least laminate damage.
    Find an unobtrusive way to sabotage it without flooding and without evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

How much does a water heater cost? Just eat it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    How much does a water heater cost? Just eat it.
    About $1,200. If you get 10+ years from it. You got your moneys worth. Why would you expect that to be covered under a warranty?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Find an unobtrusive way to sabotage it without flooding and without evidence.
    Funny how all the repair people that show up for things say the exact thing.
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    About $1,200. If you get 10+ years from it. You got your moneys worth. Why would you expect that to be covered under a warranty?
    You're right... it's just I bought the house with the thing being close to over the suggested years in service. It's just strange to pay someone to wait till it's a problem before they fix it.
    In our yellow submarine