Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 9/17 vs NYY

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Yankees are almost done but I'll wait till it's official. They're 4 back in the WC with 14 left. If they beat us tonight and then sweep the Rays things will look much different. Weirder things have happened.
    You are still carrying the scars from 40 years ago.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

You are still carrying the scars from 40 years ago.
    I'm thinking more recently, like 2011. Not that I'm worried about us collapsing, but we've seen a lot of crazy stuff happen.

I'm thinking more recently, like 2011. Not that I'm worried about us collapsing, but we've seen a lot of crazy stuff happen.
    We had no pitching in 2011. We barely had warm bodies to fill out the rotation. And even if we collapse, the Yankees will not be the team to catch us. They are a cold dead corpse.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

We had no pitching in 2011. We barely had warm bodies to fill out the rotation. And even if we collapse, the Yankees will not be the team to catch us. They are a cold dead corpse.
    I think we're pretty fortunate to have won 2 games in this series that we trailed by 4 runs and 3 runs.

Anyway, we'll see.

I think we're pretty fortunate to have won 2 games in this series that we trailed by 4 runs and 3 runs.

Anyway, we'll see.
    We are the better team, and Girardi's BP is awful.

We are the better team, and Girardi's BP is awful.
    It wasn't that long ago our bullpen was being called worse things than awful.

It wasn't that long ago our bullpen was being called worse things than awful.
    it was the only aspect of the Yankee tea that had been superior to the Red Sox until they blew it up at the Trading Deadline. Now they have a horror show in the pen.