Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 9/22 @ Bal

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    Hanley what a year. He's proved a lot of people wrong, including myself.
    We all probably have at least one guy we were wrong about. I liked Hanley's chances to rebound, not this well, but I thought he'd be solid.. now guy I was wrong about, Porcello, I thought he sucked.. Am glad he proved me wrong.

Good team win. Price and company grinded it out.

Sweeeeeeeeep

Damn back to back sweeps unbelievable!!! Price at times looked a bit off and uncomfortable but he played a pretty decent game against a good team. Can't ask for a much more convincing win!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    We all probably have at least one guy we were wrong about. I liked Hanley's chances to rebound, not this well, but I thought he'd be solid.. now guy I was wrong about, Porcello, I thought he sucked.. Am glad he proved me wrong.
    Me too Jay. Porcello I never would have thought 21 wins. No way. I didn't even think Koji could come back from the DL to be lights out. That ball is moving like 2013. That split looks unhittable.

I forgot we don't even get a day off... right on to Tampa now... this team is goin to be tired as hell. I sure hope they don't over look Tamps. They love to play spoiler against teams in the division

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I forgot we don't even get a day off... right on to Tampa now... this team is goin to be tired as hell. I sure hope they don't over look Tamps. They love to play spoiler against teams in the division
    Meh. The real issue, as always, with the next game is the pitching matchup--Pomeranz, who has been lousy, vs. Archer, who is pretty good and was just that the last time he pitched against the Sox.

The streak has to end some time, and this matchup could do it. Of course, I said almost exactly the same thing about game 2 in Baltimore when it was ERod against Gausman, and ERod was great and the Sox pummeled Gausman for 5 runs.

The rotation wasn't that great in the first four games of the streak against the Yankees, but the deep bullpen and timely hitting still produced a sweep.

Tiredness could be an issue, but, again, this team has played an awful lot of games in August and September and seemingly thrived. August 12-25 the Sox played 3 straight at Fenway against Arizona, then, without a travel day, played 1 in Cleveland, 2 in Baltimore, 4 in Detroit, and 4 in Tampa. They went 10-4 with the 4 losses coming in splitting the 4 in Detroit and the 4 in Tampa. Right now the Sox have the best road record in MLB, even better than the Cubs, who have the best overall record.

Now we have a realistic shot to get to 11 straight, but I'm getting the feeling that the Rays, being the pain in the ass they always are, will find a way to win one game this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    taking a knee is somehow appropriate. Take two.
    ahahaha. good stuff.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I couldn't tell for sure but it looked like he barehanded Hanley's toss
    yup. great play by a "pitcher". dude is definitely an "athlete"....

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Beni knows how to bunt too.......... this kid can stay...
    agreed. let's keep him for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    Price vs Tillman.

Lets freaking go, man.
    thisfreakin' guy!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.