Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I just heard about this. Holy crap. What a tragedy. It just leaves you speechless
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I just heard about this. Holy crap. What a tragedy. It just leaves you speechless
    Myself as well. When you hear things like this, it puts life into perspective.

Wow. So much potential, so much talent, only 24. One of my favorite players as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    just saw this - so very sad

Ugh.. I thought it was a hoax at first. So sad.

http://www.boston.com/sports/mlb/201...andez-has-died

Just came here to post this. I know it is redundant but anyways.

Wow.

This is why I hug and kiss my 24 year old Son every time he leaves after a visit.

Fuck. Anything can happen.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    I feel sick.

Terribly tragic news.

My heart goes to his family and friends.

Holy shit that's terrible.
    We miss you Mike.

If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

The Marlins announced that starter Jose Fernandez was killed in a boating accident on Sunday morning, confirming multiple earlier reports. The news was originally reported by David Dwork of CBS Miami and confirmed soon after by Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal.

The U.S. Coast Guard said that Fernandez was one of three killed in the accident, according to the Associated Press. Sunday’s game between the Marlins and Braves has been canceled.

The Miami Marlins organization is devastated by the tragic loss of Jose Fernandez. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time.

Today's game against the Atlanta Braves has been cancelled.
    The 24-year-old was in his fourth year at the major league level. He’s been with the Marlins for his entire baseball career and was a fan favorite on the team. He had defected from Cuba in 2008 to play baseball in the United States.

Fernandez had posted a 2.29 FIP in 29 games this year, which leads MLB, and averaged 12.5 strikeouts per nine, one of the highest in baseball.

The Coast Guard held a press conference at 10:30 a.m. ET, stating the 32-foot SeaVee boat was identified between 3 and 3:30 a.m. Initially, two divers found two bodies underneath the boat and a third was later found in the water on the south side of a jetty at the Port of Miami.

Tragic......Sad day for baseball

Deity
    Wow. Wtf. No way. Condolences to the family members

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    Myself as well. When you hear things like this, it puts life into perspective.
    Bingo. You just never know when you will go. I am still shocked.

Unbelievable. Never saw this coming, thoughts and prayers to his team and family.