Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: ALDS Game 3

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Well it certainly blows that I have to shelve my main hobby ( watching every Sox game ) until April.

It's sad to see Papi crying on the mound after watching him come through so many times for my team.

But I am optimistic about 2017. I agree with Jacko. This team did arrive a little ahead of schedule and the nucleus for a very good team is in place.

I am not looking forward to seeing and hearing all the Farrell bashing that will come. I say he stays because he has not done a bad job and because there probably isn't a better manager available to replace his two neurons.

I am hoping that Tito humiliates the Jays and that Napoli has a huge post season. Same with Miller, and even Crisp.

But, the Jays are a tough match-up.

I want the Indians and Cubs in the series. And as much as it would be a cool story for the Cubs to win it all, I'd much prefer to see Tito get another ring.

So blow me.
    I would love to see Cleveland and Tito take it all. Sorry goes out to the Cubbies - they are not the mid-western version of the Sox. I will never be a fan of Maddon. Lets go anybody else!

He's not a free agent either

Coco fucking Crisp of all people.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I guess he's this year's Daniel Murphy or David Freese or whatever. He'll fade into obscurity soon enough after this postseason is over. The Cubs will win this DS anyways.
    Daniel Murphy hardly faded anywhere. The guy led the NL in OPS (.985) and SLG (.595) this year. He also led the league in 2Bs with 47 and has 25 HRs and 100+ RBIs.

Last night... I would've given anything to see Shaw load the bases w/ a BB and see what Mookie would've done. They started to come around and even JBJ got his one lone hit. Soo close but in the end not enough and definitely not soon enough. No excuses. The Indians pitching really surprised me. Not their bats so much because they hit all year. I would've taken that matchup over Texas any day. I guess you never really know who's going to show up in the post season all the time. I think I'm going to root for Cleveland from here on out. I don't like their fans but I like Tito & most of their team. It really did come down to our SP, w/ Porcello & Price not up to task when we needed them because our bats would've eventually come around like we saw last night. Ahh well.

This series reminds me a little of 2005 when we got swept by the White Sox. We ran into a team that was quite a bit better, or on more of a roll, than we realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    This series reminds me a little of 2005 when we got swept by the White Sox. We ran into a team that was quite a bit better, or on more of a roll, than we realized.
    The Sox two best starters shit the bed at the worse possible time and the bats faced good pitching.

Shit happens.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The Sox two best starters shit the bed at the worse possible time and the bats faced good pitching.

Shit happens.
    Yeah, Porcello and Price both having shitty starts is the only real bummer. Especially Price. The monkey on his back got a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Last night... I would've given anything to see Shaw load the bases w/ a BB and see what Mookie would've done. They started to come around and even JBJ got his one lone hit. Soo close but in the end not enough and definitely not soon enough. No excuses. The Indians pitching really surprised me. Not their bats so much because they hit all year. I would've taken that matchup over Texas any day. I guess you never really know who's going to show up in the post season all the time. I think I'm going to root for Cleveland from here on out. I don't like their fans but I like Tito & most of their team. It really did come down to our SP, w/ Porcello & Price not up to task when we needed them because our bats would've eventually come around like we saw last night. Ahh well.
    We had some hard hit outs those last two innings. If one just found its way to a hit...

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.