Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
First the disclaimer... I have ZERO first-hand information as to what has happened in any ML clubhouse. This is just the way I see things based on my observation and experience.

Most players aren't a problem in the clubhouse as long as things are going well for them. It's when things go south that the problems start.

Josh Beckett is a good example of that. He was a leader. As long as he and the team weree winning he was the guy you wanted on the mound. He would lead the team to wins on the days when he pitched. When things went sour for him was when he became the problem in the clubhouse.

IMHO the dust-up with LaRouche and his son was what made Sale unhappy with the White Sox management. After that nothing the ChiSox could do would be right in Sale's eyes and that manifested itself in the throwback uniform incident. After that Sale was sick of the White Sox and they were sick of him.

The 2016 season may be an indication that Sale is a bit of a prima donna. Being very good will do that to some players. I don't see any doubt that there's a gamble involved in signing him but he could also very well be someone who just needs a change in scenery. Moncada aside, for the money he's making that's a risk I'd be willing to take. If he turns out to be a problem in Boston he'll be very tradeable.

At that point we have to hope that Moncada doesn't become the next Mike Trout (or Mookie Betts!)
It is all a guess, I think, from a fan's perspective what type of person he is. What I know about this guy is that he is young - he is good- and he has the mentality when on the mound that anyone in the game would love to see on their team. To be this good, which he obviously is, and to finally have a chance to play in the post season - It really is what is all about. We will see what type of person he is or becomes but based only on what we know, I think that we are beyond lucky to have this guy playing for us. Now, that being said, maybe someone knows something about him that we don't but personally I'm pretty pleased that he will be pitching for us.