Register now to remove this ad

Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294
Results 4,396 to 4,402 of 4402

Thread: A Realistic View at 2017 Part I

  1. #4396
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Based on their ST performances, is it possible someone would propose a trade for either if we ate part of their contracts?
    If Craig shows some signs of rebounding we might be able to trade him, as you say we'd have to eat some of it.

  2. #4397
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    They are stuck in limbo if we trade them and eat part of that contract, the part we eat will count on the luxury tax.
    That might be a good point too...this stuff is getting complicated. Even our esteemed WEEI writers are getting all confused.

  3. #4398
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Cot's Contracts has us under by about $15 million. That piece by Bradford/Tomase is inexcusable gibberish.
    Sloppy research at best. Those two would be better off reading Talksox to get their info. Seriously.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  4. #4399
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Alright, I like the sound of that. But, still we're not talking about anything long term here with Hanley, so at worst, he can only DH for what, all of April?
    Is this the same shoulder and injury that he suffered playing left? If so I don't believe assuming a speedy return is prudent. Maybe he will need constant therapy and surgery.

    Who knows?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #4400
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Is this the same shoulder and injury that he suffered playing left? If so I don't believe assuming a speedy return is prudent. Maybe he will need constant therapy and surgery.

    Who knows?
    Certainly not me, but the impression I got from a couple of different online stories was that he'll be good to go in a couple weeks. He still might need therapy, and frequent off days, but they implies that he could and should be back by mid to late April.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  6. #4401
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If that's true, could Swihart be viewed as an eventual Moreland platoon at 1B option?

    Also, does that mean Young plays LF vs LH'd starters and JBJ or Beni sit?

    Young HAS TO PLAY vs LHPs.
    I hope they do not move Swihart to 1B. I want him to focus on nothing but catching.

    Rutledge is getting some reps at first base, I guess to see if he's a possibility.

    I am pretty sure that Farrell said that if Hanley cannot play 1B, Young will get the starts in the outfield against LHPs.

  7. #4402
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That's okay with me as long as he does not aggravate the shoulder hitting, running, and sliding.
    Thankfully, the shoulder injury is not affecting his batting, only his throwing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •