Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Minor League Thread

Miguel Andujar called up. I like this kid, although I am not sure what he becomes in the majors. He's 22 yrs old and plays a good enough 3b. He makes a lot of hard contact and doesnt K very much, although he rarely if ever walks. He has average power now (8HR in 74 games) and is a doubles machine (24 in 74 games) who also has started to hit more line drives and hit for a high average. He's a helium guy because of the power, average combo, but his approach doesnt fit well with the Yankee mantra. He was clearly not the first choice here, but with Gleyber out, we need a bat and he can certainly swing it.
    Hal sucks

So that Beltran trade and the Nova trade are paying off.

Dillon Tate was the #4 pick in the 2015 draft and sucked balls for a year in Texas. We got him, had him relieve with some success after we got him. He had some shoulder stiffness in ST and was held back in extended. Since returning to the rotation in Tampa, he has dominated. 3 starts, 18.1IP 21K 3BB 0.87WHIP and 1.47ERA. He was a college draftee, so he is 23. I expect him to be in Trenton soon. His stuff is filthy

Tito Polo was acquired in the Ivan Nova trade last year. He is a legitimate prospect, surprisingly. He's short (5'9") but has a ton of speed and this year is showing some slugging capability with a SLG of .443 as a 22 yr old. He has now moved up to AA. I am surprised we got anything for Nova
    Hal sucks

Jorge Mateo is enjoying himself in AA. After 2 plus seasons of High A ball, the Yankees moved him up rather than watch him stagnate and man have there been early dividends. He's 12 for 22 with 3 triples, a homer and 2 steals.
    Hal sucks

Yankees' two futures gamers are on the world team.

Domingo Acevedo- tall, powerful righty who has been healthy this year and even spent time at AAA. He tops out at 102mph and throws a plus change up. Needs work on the consistency of his breaking ball. He has front line stuff as he has impeccable command, but he could also be a lock down back end pen option. He should be a top 100 guy, but he's not even top 5 in the yankee system.

Estevan Florial- he got a lot of love prior to the season from the yankee prospect guys, but he came off an unimpressive 2016, so there was no national coverage. He's 19 and this year, he is showing 5 tool capability in long season. This year, he's on pace for 20HR and 30SB with a .300 BA. I think he hits Tampa after the futures game. He's the real deal. He wasn't even top 30 yankee prospect prior to the season, but he'll be top 5 this year and should be top 50 in baseball after the season

Both guys are legit prospects.

Acevedo is likely ticketed for a closer/backend bullpen role in the MLB. Florial is still too far away to project, but he could end up being our top prospect at some point.

Acevedo is huge like Betances, so it's easy to make that correlation, but Betances never had Acevedo's control or his change. The change is the toughest pitch to teach. A breaking ball will come. Injuries will be the only thing limiting Acevedo long term. Also, I think Florial will rise faster than you think. He's going to be in Tampa soon. If he shines there, he could debut in AA next yr and receive a call up in 2018. Depends how he adjusts to the new levels, but his talent is astronomical

Midseason top 100 from BA
    3. Gleyber Torres
    36. Blake Rutherford
    49. Clint Frazier
    56. Chance Adams
    71. Estevan Florial
    73. Justus Sheffield
    89. Dustin Fowler
    Hal sucks

Jorge Mateo is back on the scene. After a punishment like treatment in High A, he was finally moved to AA and he has dominated. He's hitting .435/.527/.783 in 12 games in AA. He's brought his aggregate slash up to .268/.326/.455 with 31 steals on the season. If the bat carries from here, he will be back in the top 50 by season's end. He is a toolshed
    Hal sucks

Domingo Acevedo continues to pitch well. He's got an aggregate WHIP of 1.2 across three levels. 9.5K/9IP and 2BB/9. He's 6'7", sits near 100mph and has a plus change. He doesn't seem to get love on national sites as they feel he is likely to relieve, but his stuff is incredible and his performance is top notch. He is rumored to be the centerpiece of the Gray negotiations. To be honest with you, this kind of talent would look really good in pinstripes. He does have a clone two levels below him named Freicer Perez who is tall and throws 100mph as well. Maybe NYY think he has a higher ceiling, who knows

Tons of movement after the deals.

Nick Solak, our second rounder from a year ago, is now in AA after destroying Tampa.

Estevan Florial moved to Tampa after killing A ball.

Hoy Jun Park moved to Tampa after doing well in A.

Dermis Garcia moves from short season Pulaski to Charleston. He's 19 with light tower power who really improved his approach this year. He was the headliner of our big INTL signing class of 2014.

Steve Sensley, a later round drafted from this year moved from Pulaski to A ball as well. He's been Ruthian since being drafted. Who knows what his ceiling is, but he's playing better than expected for sure

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Domingo Acevedo continues to pitch well. He's got an aggregate WHIP of 1.2 across three levels. 9.5K/9IP and 2BB/9. He's 6'7", sits near 100mph and has a plus change. He doesn't seem to get love on national sites as they feel he is likely to relieve, but his stuff is incredible and his performance is top notch. He is rumored to be the centerpiece of the Gray negotiations. To be honest with you, this kind of talent would look really good in pinstripes. He does have a clone two levels below him named Freicer Perez who is tall and throws 100mph as well. Maybe NYY think he has a higher ceiling, who knows
    Acevedo reminds me of Pineda a lot. Great talent, but can he mature enough? AJ Burnett style too. I think he'll have 2 great seasons, a bunch of meh seasons and a few horrible seasons.

Bleacher Report just updated their farm System rankings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eadline-frenzy

I'm surprised we didn't take a bigger hit in the rankings, still at 3rd after the latest trades says a lot about the dept of our system

Number 3

Top 10 Prospects

Name Level Tier
    1. SS Gleyber Torres INJ 1
    2. OF Clint Frazier MLB 1
    3. RHP Chance Adams AAA 1
    4. OF Estevan Florial A 1
    5. LHP Justus Sheffield AA 1
    6. 3B Miguel Andujar AAA 1
    7. RHP Domingo Acevedo AA 1
    8. RHP Albert Abreu A+ 2
    9. RHP Freicer Perez A 2
    10. IF Tyler Wade MLB 2
    Graduated/Traded: OF Blake Rutherford, RHP James Kaprielian, IF/OF Jorge Mateo, OF Dustin Fowler

Farm System Overview

With the AL East title within reach and expectations still to win now even with the club clearly focused on the future, the New York Yankees were in a precarious position this July.

When the dust settled, they acquired Sonny Gray, Tommy Kahnle, David Robertson, Todd Frazier and Jaime Garcia, and the farm system still has enough elite-level talent and overall depth to fall just one spot to No. 3 in the rankings.

Blake Rutherford and James Kaprielian both have huge upside, but the team is not lacking for outfield talent in the case of Rutherford, and there's no guarantee Kapreilian ever stays healthy enough to realize his ace potential.

The rise of 19-year-old Estevan Florial, who is hitting .297/.373/.483 with 37 extra-base hits and 17 stolen bases for Single-A Charleston, has also given this already stacked system another elite-level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Acevedo reminds me of Pineda a lot. Great talent, but can he mature enough? AJ Burnett style too. I think he'll have 2 great seasons, a bunch of meh seasons and a few horrible seasons.
    Pineda isn't the best comp. Pineda had better stuff before his shoulder exploded. Acevedo throws harder and has a deeper arsenal

Legend
    Trenton is dominating the Eastern League in Pitching. Saw them a month ago, going to the 3 games this week, Tuesday-Thursday. This has me worried as a Sox Fan. You got some young good arms coming.
    Not a team close to your 2.83 team ERA. Binghamton is next 3.43.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 08-04-2017 at 10:06 AM.

To add insult to abundance, the Yanks decided to stretch out Mesa, who's been lights out since getting healthy. He dominated in his first Trenton start. We have arms galore. We have bats galore. After dealing off all the players we did, Josh Norris of BA dropped us one slot. We still have insane depth in this system