Register now to remove this ad

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Third III

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I think that it would make a great talksox story though if Devers was packaged up and traded for Moustakas and then Moustakas was signed for 3 or 4 years to play third base for us. Oh boy oh boy - Lets go trader DD!
    I don't see Moose signing ahead of going to free agency. If it happened, it would solve our 3B problem for a few years, but I don't see it happening.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Interesting enough the Sox best prospect is a 3B in Rafael Devers. He's also a blue chipper that regarded about as high as guys like Betts/Bogaerts/Moncada in recent years.

Sox don't look to rush him and screw up his development, so the question becomes do you want to waste what little assets you have left to trade for a rental when you have Devers coming up right behind?

Not sure I have the silver bullet to that problem. It looks like we have the solution long term but no solution immediately, and DD has given this team a 3 year window so we need a quicker solution.

I don't see Moose signing ahead of going to free agency. If it happened, it would solve our 3B problem for a few years, but I don't see it happening.
    Which is why you don't bother trading for him. If you want him, just sign him in the offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Which is why you don't bother trading for him. If you want him, just sign him in the offseason.
    If the rental price is low enough, I would consider it.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The rental price for Moustakas won't be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And that's the issue. The trade won't be worth it to me.

And that's the issue. The trade won't be worth it to me.
    I think their price will be high for a rental. The Royals are not completely out out of the WC hunt, and trading a fan favorite would send a very bad message to their fans unless they get a nice return.

Does Moose have the right to veto a a trade? I don't know. Maybe someone here does know.

Moose says he wants to remain in KC and hopefully finish his career there. Maybe it camouflage or maybe he is being honest.

Should have re-signed Beltre.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Thumbs down!!!
    Had a hunch - i'm ok with it too.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Not to mention the fact that he is pretty good baseball player. If the Sox go after Moose, my guess would be that they aren't really thinking about the progression of Devers going forward. He isn't the guy you go after to fill in for a minor leaguer that you hope might be good someday. He would be our third baseman.

Legend
    Tell you kid I'm worried losing is Chavis, he's starting to get it. Has tremendous Power. I think he just got promoted too. Dombrowski will see 2, 3rd Baseman and Trade 1, instead of moving him to another Position. Minors is the time to do it. Maybe Devers is getting promoted too.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-23-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Tell you kid I'm worried losing is Chavis, he's starting to get it. Has tremendous Power. I think he just got promoted too. Dombrowski will see 2, 3rd Baseman and Trade 1, instead of moving him to another Position. Minors is the time to do it. Maybe Devers is getting promoted too.
    Chavis can't play 3rd though.

Legend
    Another position, that's why they are in the Minors. Most important time to evaluate maybe weak at one but strong in another.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...y-peralta.html

The Red Sox have agreed to a minors deal with veteran infielder Jhonny Peralta, Alex Speier of the Boston Globe was among those to tweet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...y-peralta.html

The Red Sox have agreed to a minors deal with veteran infielder Jhonny Peralta, Alex Speier of the Boston Globe was among those to tweet.
    Interesting. Can he play 3B?