Register now to remove this ad

Thread: MLB.Com, Single Team option?

All-Star

MLB.Com, Single Team option?

Anybody heard any details? For those living outside the teams aras, this may be a better option than XtraInnings. I already get Rays, Marlins, ESPN, Fox and what have you. I have a large screen Internet access, so I don't "need" anything except the Sox. Maybe save a hundred or more. Any news available on this?

All-Star
    So, for $84, I get all home and away games except for thos normally blacked situations. Right? Xtra Innings is $200. Big benefit comes by being able to put it on the task bar and switch over and check my eBay, email, etc. Right? For $100+ less.

MLB.Com states that Directv offers the Single Team Package. But two years in a row... I call Directv to order it and they don't offer it. Last season I just paid the $3 a month to have it all on my smart phone and if I wanted to watch on my flat screen I would just use Chrome cast app to throw it to my tv. I'm just curious if anyone on TalkSox has Directv and actually gets the Single Team package via Extra Innings. ???

You can watch almost any MLB game for free on the internet.

https://www.mlbstream.me/
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    You can watch almost any MLB game for free on the internet.

https://www.mlbstream.me/
    cool. That's good to know.

Just saying, If someone is looking for the Single team option via Directv, I just don't think it actually exists. Perhaps it's not offered in every region or something. idk?

All-Star
    I called Comcast yesterday and signed up for the full deal at $38 a month for 4 months. I will still have to watch the Sox-Rays on the Tampa channel, but there's always the option of turning off the sound. There's no way these old eyes could have stood up in the Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I called Comcast yesterday and signed up for the full deal at $38 a month for 4 months. I will still have to watch the Sox-Rays on the Tampa channel, but there's always the option of turning off the sound. There's no way these old eyes could have stood up in the Dell.
    Don't you know what a Roku is? No one gets MLB.TV and watches it on the computer. Lol

Yeah if you have a TV with a spare HDMI port you can get a Chromecast for $30. and Bluetooth anything from a device or computer.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."