Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: JFK assassination

  1. #16
    This has been a very very interesting read. Great thread idea Bell!
    We miss you Mike.

  2. #17
    We need more threads like this.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Yes, the theory was that the head shot was a completely different caliber and type of bullet from the fully jacketed 6.5x55 from Oswald's rifle and that it was consistent with ord used in AR15 in follow up Secret Service vehicle. His study also shows that the XRays of the neck injury demonstrate severe damage to JFK's spine and that it was likely fatal.
    The ballistics have always been one of the crucial aspects of the case. One of the bullets passed cleanly through Kennedy's neck and remained almost intact. Whereas the final shot made the top of his head explode. Could they really have been the same type of bullet?

    Then there's the question of whether all the shots could have come from behind, where Oswald was. The final shot clearly made his head go backward. Though it's been argued that could have happened even if the shot was from behind.

    A proper autopsy should have revealed which direction the fatal shot came from by determining the entrance wound and the exit wound. But the autopsy, of course, is a major source of controversy and accusations about coverups. Such a mess.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The ballistics have always been one of the crucial aspects of the case. One of the bullets passed cleanly through Kennedy's neck and remained almost intact. Whereas the final shot made the top of his head explode. Could they really have been the same type of bullet?

    Then there's the question of whether all the shots could have come from behind, where Oswald was. The final shot clearly made his head go backward. Though it's been argued that could have happened even if the shot was from behind.

    A proper autopsy should have revealed which direction the fatal shot came from by determining the entrance wound and the exit wound. But the autopsy, of course, is a major source of controversy and accusations about coverups. Such a mess.
    The autopsy and the surrounding evidence have been compromised and/or lost. JFK's brain, the best evidence to confirm the ballistics has long since disappeared. Much of this might have been due to incompetence or confusion, and some of it might have been done to conceal the evidence. Also, many of the government files surrounding the assassination are still secret and have never been released for public scrutiny.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #20
    I was in a 7th grade classroom when this happened. I have read a fair amount of most that has been written. Personally, I have always found much of what has been written and discovered to be unnerving and certainly strange. The Warren Commission didn't really put this conversation as to what happened that day to rest but over time for my own sanity I have come to accept the one shooter (Oswald ) theory. Certainly much has been written about this tragic event in our history that has made me question this conclusion.

  6. #21
    It was clearly actor Nicholas Colasanto.

    As an Italian actor, he was frequently cast as a mobster, and if if that isn't mafia ties, what is? Want more? He portrayed a corrupt boxing manager/ mob boss in "Raging Bull" along side Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci, who next worked together in "Goodfellas".

    But Colasanto is best known for his role as "Coach" on the sitcom "Cheers," where he was eventually replaced by Woody Harrison, whose father has long been suspected of involvement in the Kennedy assassination. ..
    Last edited by notin; 01-29-2017 at 06:00 PM.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But Colasanto is best known for his role as "Coach" on the sitcom "Cheers," where he was eventually replaced by Woody Harrison, whose father has long been suspected of involvement in the Kennedy assassination. ..
    Holy shit, I looked it up and you weren't kidding. Woody Harrelson's father Charles was a hit man, convicted for killing a federal judge, and he once claimed he was an accomplice in the assassination.

  8. #23
    So two theories I think that are worth pursuing: aliens or suicide.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #24
    We'll probably never know for sure everyone involved in the assassination, but to me, it was the mark of the beginning of the American People's losing trust in the US Government. The lies on the Vietnam War, Nixon's corruption and other transgressions brought us the ultimate point where the "F the establishment" sentiment led to the election of a dangerous, bigot clown for president.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We'll probably never know for sure everyone involved in the assassination, but to me, it was the mark of the beginning of the American People's losing trust in the US Government. The lies on the Vietnam War, Nixon's corruption and other transgressions brought us the ultimate point where the "F the establishment" sentiment led to the election of a dangerous, bigot clown for president.
    We can't go very far down the political path here, but Hilary Clinton was a terrible candidate in her own right, with multiple scandals hanging over her. It's just sad that the election came down to those two.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    We can't go very far down the political path here, but Hilary Clinton was a terrible candidate in her own right, with multiple scandals hanging over her. It's just sad that the election came down to those two.
    No doubt. HC was the embodiment of the concept of "establishment" and totally miscalculated the anti-establishment mentality of the American electorate. She even ran on the fact that she was so very "highly qualified" because of her long-standing ties to various forms of the establishment.

    People were fed up with politics as usual and looked beyond bigotry, racism and buffoonery at the hope of change just for the sake of upending change.

    Look at all the primary votes for "outsiders":

    Bernie 13.2M+
    Trump 14M+
    Cruz 7.8M+
    Others 1.5M+
    I'm not even counting Rubio (3.5M+) as an "outsider".


    That's over 37 million votes against the status quo to Hillary's nearly 17 million primary votes.

    Her blindness to this fact was a big reason she lost, but even if she went all out to disavow her past, I doubt she'd have convinced many.

    It's a wonder she actually got more votes than the clown.



  12. #27
    All I shall say, and I think I'm OK in saying it, I hope for much better candidates on both sides in 2020.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #28
    The Warren Commission did a lousy job with their investigation but still came to the correct conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone to assassinate President Kennedy.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    The Warren Commission did a lousy job with their investigation but still came to the correct conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone to assassinate President Kennedy.
    I'll always be skeptical that Oswald acted alone but I accept it as a possibility. There's no way to prove anything different anymore. Many murders go unsolved, many crimes are difficult to prove...when the key suspect is killed immediately and the investigation is botched it really lessens the chances of finding the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •