Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

I wish the Sox could develop arms like the Yankees have been. It's really frustrating how few quality arms we have in minors, whether it be SP or RP..

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Our bullpen, minus Tommy Layne, is pretty boss.
    Hell yeah, i can't understand how he is still here. If you want a lefty, go grab Tyler Webb. Even Ben Heller, a personal favorite of mine.

Tyler Austin is on the march back to the majors now. I don't expect huge things, but I could see him being a very nice bench piece or even a 240 hitter with 20 bombs at 1B

He can play OF, 3B and C in a pinch.

Our offensive depth is insane. Literally insane.

We have an all star level catcher with Romine behind him. Our third catcher hit 25HR in AAA last year. We have Bird on the DL for 1b and his backup led the NL in HR last year. Austin can play there. Headley can shift over too. 2b is an all star. SS is a borderline AS. Our 3b has sucked but behind him and the MIF is Torres, one of baseball's top prospects. Torreyes is a nice piece too. We have four OFers who are all hitting well. Behind them is a top 20 prospect who is holding his own in AAA as well.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Behind them is a top 20 prospect who is holding his own in AAA as well.
    Ummm, Dustin Fowler too dude

Dustin Fowler is finally showing some patience, but man that kid is exciting. He's a cycle waiting to happen. 9 doubles, 7 triples, 7 homers and 5 steals in 165ABs. Impressive to say the least. We are deep and that is a good problem to have. Leaves us open to make trades without pilfering the top of our farm
    Hal sucks

Jacoby Ellsbury left game. He has a concussion and neck sprain.

NESN

The positive is now hicks will get to play everyday. But ells was actually playing pretty well. Sucks.

Ells is replaceable in system. Glad to see Severino just flat out dominate. He and Pineda are really leading the charge in the rotation. If Tanaka remembers who he is, this team could really be in this for the long haul

Offense in a rut of late. Good to see Tanaka dominant again

Aaron Judge just continues to rake. Great to see!

Homerama tonight in Baltimore. Tillman was bad. Severino looks dominant again
    Hal sucks

With Trout out for the next 8 weeks, Judge is really jumping to the forefront of the MVP conversation
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Honestly, I really hope we can be buyers and sellers at the deadline. Maybe a three team deal involving the Rockies?

Yankees get: Gerrit Cole
    Rockies get: Didi and Pineda
    Pirates get: Rodgers, Castellani, D. German, and McMahon.

Rockies get an above average SS in Didi, Pineda slides into their their rotation.

Pirates get an up the middle prospect who could be a legit threat, Castellani is looking like a high velocity starter, and German could step into the rotation come August.

Crazy trade idea, but meh.

---

Obviously Torres would replace Didi and this trade would be in July. Headley sent the bench if he doesn't start to hit and maybe Wade at 2B and Castro to 3B

Didi isn't being dealt. Pineda is our ace right now. No need to deal him either. We will be buyers at the deadline, but what would we get right now? Maybe a 3b? Maybe a 1b? Or maybe we see what Bird can do and bring up Wade?

Judge is a hack in the field.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."