Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

Gary Sanchez injury today didn't look good. Of course he's on my fantasy team.

The Judge executes that pitch. Tie game!

For as ugly as our start has been, it's been the veterans who let us down. We should be 3-2 if Clippard and Betances didn't cough up games

That was a big win to avoid the sweep. An unspectacular QS from CC, 3 lights out pen innings, an offense that drove up the pitch count of the starter and feasted on middle relief.

Not a good matchup tomorrow. Cobb eats us alive and Pineda is surprising awful vs the punchless Rays.

Not that I'm glad the Yankees won, but the Os are almost as bad, and they needed to be lose.

That said, Go Rays!

The funny thing is kimmi, the rays actually could be good this year with that staff. Aside from a strong likelihood of the sox being the lead dog in this division, you really have no idea which team will be your chief competition. It could be TB.

And I'm enjoying the ride. This is the first season that I've entered where I'm fairly certain we aren't making the playoffs, but I'm also tuning in every night to see how these kids do. It's good that Jacoby started hot, because he's a possible pine rider depending on how hot Frazier becomes. Same with Headley as he has Torres on his heels

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The funny thing is kimmi, the rays actually could be good this year with that staff. Aside from a strong likelihood of the sox being the lead dog in this division, you really have no idea which team will be your chief competition. It could be TB.
    I wouldn't rule them out. In the end, I think the Jays will be our biggest threat, but I honestly would not rule out any of the teams in the division as being competitive.

Bird finally coming alive. HR and a double so far with some real good swings and AB's. He comes alive and this offense is dangerous
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Bird finally coming alive. HR and a double so far with some real good swings and AB's. He comes alive and this offense is dangerous
    I think Ells and Headley will cool off soon, it'd be nice to see Bird get hot. Also looks like Romine is playing a hot hand lately.

They will cool off for sure. We have another 2-3 weeks without Sanchez or Didi. Hopefully the vets can contribute in that time.

Our rotation has been solid through 2.5 turns. Severino and Pineda looked really good thus far. Our worst pitcher has been Tanaka and he just had a solid start. Two of our losses were blown by our setup guys, which likely isn't going to be a regular occurrence. CC has regained some velocity while still pitching like a finesse guy. This winning streak won't last, obviously, but it's nice to see thing clicking out of the gate. Last year, we were done in by a bad April

I have to confess I had a bad feeling about the Yankees being better than expected this year.

If the kids reach their potential, we will be dangerous. Thing is, we have kids everywhere, even if they aren't rookies. Severino and Montgomery in the rotation, Judge, Bird, and Sanchez in the lineup. Our pen is mostly veteran, which is good. It seems the kids are reinvigorating the veterans. Holliday has been a good mentor. Tex and AFraud really held us back last year. It wasn't until the kids came up that we started to win.

The scary thing is, our best kids are still in the minors. Adams, Green, Cessa and Sheffield in the rotation (Kap just had TJS). Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Rutherford in the field.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Please start losing. This is getting sickening. Also, for unknown reasons, the name "Greg Bird" perturbs me. Maybe not so much if he played for the Orioles.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    oh for fuck's sake.....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.