Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 331 to 336 of 336

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

  1. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And Tanaka was brilliant last night. If we get him pitching like that, we will be very fortunate
    I was questioning on another site if Tanaka is only able to pitch well when there is a lot of hype surrounding the match up.

  2. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I was questioning on another site if Tanaka is only able to pitch well when there is a lot of hype surrounding the match up.
    Are you asking if he is clutch and can rise to the occasion?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  3. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Are you asking if he is clutch and can rise to the occasion?
    Ha. As I was posting that, I 100% knew that someone would bring up the clutch argument in response. I almost put a disclaimer in my post about it.

    I have posted before that emotions and mental state have a big effect on players' performances. Was it a clutch performance? Absolutely. Is it a repeatable skill? Probably not.

  4. #334
    It's not about the hype, it's about the splitter. If the splitter drops, he dominates. If it hangs, he gets killed. He needs his fb-splitter combo. His slider is pretty good, but he doesn't have the velocity to be a pure fb-slider guy

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It's not about the hype, it's about the splitter. If the splitter drops, he dominates. If it hangs, he gets killed. He needs his fb-splitter combo. His slider is pretty good, but he doesn't have the velocity to be a pure fb-slider guy
    Should there still be concern for his elbow Doc?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  6. #336
    I've been concerned about the elbow since the splitter went away, but if he continues to keep his velocity and locate the splitter, then I won't be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •