Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

And the slide continues. The Yankees only know how to play baseball two ways: lights out domination, and shit the bed in the middle of the night.

Yankees thudding back to reality.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It's a long, long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's a long, long season.
    They will not lose the rest of their games, but they are also not a .700 team.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Teams usually are never as good as they look when playing well or as bad as they look when playing poorly.

All teams have ups and downs. Moments of deep concern. Moments of joyful glee and optimism.

The Yanks were never as good as they looked earlier this year, but their not as bad as they look now either.

We were never as bad as some thought we were during our down time, but we may not be as good as we look right now either.

We look like a 90-94 win team. The Yanks look like an 87-91 win team, IMO.

Their rotation will tell the tale.

It will and it stinks.

The Yanks are in no way this bad. Their bullpen is one of their strengths, but it has been their downfall in five of the last seven games. I think the Yanks playing within themselves will look more like the .700 team than this .000 team. But yes, the Yanks are not actually a .700 team.

With that said, would anyone care to make a friendly wager? Yanks/Sox are pretty much even in the standings at the moment. Whoever's team wins the division wins the bet (bet is void if neither team wins the division). The stakes? The loser buys two tickets for the winner to a home playoff game in the divisional round.

I am not in on that wager. The sox have the potential to have a better rotation and usually the best rotation leads to the best results.
    Hal sucks

Me taking that wager would be the kiss of death for my Red Sox.

It is a steep wager.

I was just throwing it out there. No pressure. Just figured it could spice up the rivalry a bit more. I mean I am a Yankees fan posting in a Red Sox forum and pretty much everyone is respectful and decent towards me. I feel like that would have been unheard of 5+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I was just throwing it out there. No pressure. Just figured it could spice up the rivalry a bit more. I mean I am a Yankees fan posting in a Red Sox forum and pretty much everyone is respectful and decent towards me. I feel like that would have been unheard of 5+ years ago.
    Yankee fans that ad value to the board are generally treated pretty well.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Girardi and our D really fucked that one up last night. Severino had no business going out for the seventh. Granted, good D would have gotten Sevy out of the inning. Betances blew that one last night, which isn't surprising since he's received almost no work during our slide.

And Tanaka was brilliant last night. If we get him pitching like that, we will be very fortunate