Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees managerial search

Yankees managerial search

Joe Girardi is out as manager of the Yankees.
    Hal sucks

Watch us hire Farrell......

Fuck no
    Hal sucks

Legend
    I think this is a mistake, by the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Watch us hire Farrell......
    Please, God do! lmao
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

HAHAHAHA. EFF GIRARDI.
    is billy martin available?
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I concur. I wanted him gone in a fit of rage after Game 2 of the ALDS, but they rallied for him and it shows the team responded for their manager. Teams rarely respond like that.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I concur. I wanted him gone in a fit of rage after Game 2 of the ALDS, but they rallied for him and it shows the team responded for their manager. Teams rarely respond like that.
    It's very similar to the Sox firing Farrell. We'll never know all the real reasons for the moves - only Dombrowski and Cashman know.

I am not surprised that he is gone. You are a Yankee fan living in Red Sox country. I am the opposite, and the atmosphere around Girardi has been bad for a while. The fans have despised him for a long time. He didn't have a lot of support from his players either. Couple that with him being a terrible game tactician and a douche, he was past his expiration date. Yankee fans are rejoicing today, and that makes me unhappy. I hope they hire Farrell.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

AJ Burnett needs to be reach for comments.

Exactly my feelings, always supported him with the exception of the infamous game 2

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I tend to agree.

Why upset the apple cart?

I figure there was some kind of bad blood between Giradi and management and that management has another guy identified to plug in.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I am not surprised that he is gone. You are a Yankee fan living in Red Sox country. I am the opposite, and the atmosphere around Girardi has been bad for a while. The fans have despised him for a long time. He didn't have a lot of support from his players either. Couple that with him being a terrible game tactician and a douche, he was past his expiration date. Yankee fans are rejoicing today, and that makes me unhappy. I hope they hire Farrell.
    Hmm. Interesting input.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I tend to agree.

Why upset the apple cart?

I figure there was some kind of bad blood between Giradi and management and that management has another guy identified to plug in.
    They will be losing nothing by replacing him. People thought the same thing when they fired Showalter. Girardi is not a very good manager. He goes into the same basket of mediocrity of at least 25 other managers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Major Leaguer
    People tend to forget that baseball organizations train and groom staff personnel as much as they do players. I'm certain they already have someone in mind within the organization now or previously in the organization they want to bring back. Girardi did a nice job over his 10 years at the helm. Time to pass the torch. The Yankees need a manager who can work with and understand their crop of young players that are now with the team and those in the minors who will be joining the 40 man roster over the next several years. Best of luck Joe and thanks for your 10 years of service.
    My friends and contacts list is empty - No Shit - I'm a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum!!