Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    This Yankee team might score some runs if Bird is productive.
    It's not the worst team. I don't expect them to get into the playoffs but I feel this is going to be a fun team to watch. We've got some pieces that we can cash in at the deadline and get some serious talent too. It will be interesting and fun to see how this team comes together in 2017 and 2018.

I hope we're not "cashing in" pieces at the deadline. I'd rather see who's the goods and deal next offseason from the other prospects to fill in a solid team

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Judge hits another absolute moonshot. This kid's power is legendary.
    My Yankee fan friends are telling me that they don't think much of Judge's prospects. Maybe they are just lowering expectations.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He's a boom or bust guy. His approach last yr in the bigs was far different than what he was displaying in the minors. He's always struggled after a mid season promotion then started out hot at the new level after ST. Hopefully it continues. He is a specimen with power prospects unrivaled in baseball. But he also could be a huge bust of pitchers toy with his huge strike zone and he cannot adjust.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I knew it was going to be bad.

I'm sure glad we let him bolt.

I was a big fan of Ellsbury when he played for the Sox.

To me his speed was intoxicating. I expected him to make an impact on any given night.

But boy, has he been a gigantic waste of money for the Yankees.

Oh well.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I was a big fan of Ellsbury when he played for the Sox.

To me his speed was intoxicating. I expected him to make an impact on any given night.

But boy, has he been a gigantic waste of money for the Yankees.

Oh well.
    I was a big fan of Ellbury's as well, but no way would I want the Sox to have re-signed him for the contract that the Yankees gave him.

Ellsbury has no pride. He signed a contract and immediately began mailing it in.

Just wait! This is the year ellsbury returns to form!

But I'd settle for .275 15HRs 30SBs

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Ellsbury has no pride. He signed a contract and immediately began mailing it in.
    Maybe he just wasn't that good? His 2013 was a fluke.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

He wasn't as good as his contract, but his seasons in Boston were solid. He missed one full and one half season in Boston out of 6. He played in 134+ games in the other 4. His final 2 full seasons in Boston totaled 13.8WAR. Even when the power faded after his insane 2011, he was still worth close to 6WAR. His first season in NY was passable. .747OPS, 16HR, 39SB, 3.3 WAR. Not what we paid for, but still pretty good. His last 2 have a .663 and .704WAR with 41 steals and 16HR combined. He is mailing it in. Worst signing ever in NY. At least the other bad signings (and there are many) either didn't have this duration, this cost, or resulted in at least one title
    Hal sucks

vegas has the yankees at 83.5 wins.
    vegas is always right.
    other names i have posted under: none

That's probably accurate

The Yankees have some question marks. But they also have some talent. If a few things fall into place , they could contend. Over the years , I learned that it is never a good idea to underestimate them. Personally , I would love to see a good Boston / New York pennant race.