Register now to remove this ad

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 2017 Yankees Season Thread

Gary Sanchez hit his 29th and 30th HRs today as well.
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

Another win, I'll take it.

I wonder how many times in baseballs history has a team had two players 25 or under hit 40+ and 30+ in a season?

Sonny Gray pitches a gem and gets no support

Judge goes deep twice. He's quietly pushed his OPS back over 1.000 and is 4 RBI from 100

Would be great if he could go on a little run these last few weeks. Might be enough to get us back into the division race, pending how the Sawx play.

Bird does have a nice swing.

His swing is beautiful and if he gets going, this team will be hard to pitch to for sure. Good to see Judge rebounding as well.

The Yankees have some really good talent.

No one should be surprised.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

The Yankees have the second best Pythagorean in the AL to the Indians and are 4 runs back of the dodgers for second place in all of baseball. We have underperformed our pythag mostly because our pen has the most blown saves in baseball and our offense has the tendency to explode for a few games then go silent. This team will stay together, for the most part. I expect Tanaka to opt in. Holliday and CC are probably headed out the door, but we haven't gotten anything out of Holliday of late and we have internal options for CC. Frazier is redundant as well with Headley having a good year, Bird looking healthy and Andujar ready for the bigs. I expect that our team could take an Indians type explosion next season and run away with the ALE. One can hope

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Yankees have the second best Pythagorean in the AL to the Indians and are 4 runs back of the dodgers for second place in all of baseball. We have underperformed our pythag mostly because our pen has the most blown saves in baseball and our offense has the tendency to explode for a few games then go silent. This team will stay together, for the most part. I expect Tanaka to opt in. Holliday and CC are probably headed out the door, but we haven't gotten anything out of Holliday of late and we have internal options for CC. Frazier is redundant as well with Headley having a good year, Bird looking healthy and Andujar ready for the bigs. I expect that our team could take an Indians type explosion next season and run away with the ALE. One can hope
    The Yankees look good and really should be leading the division based on run differential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We will have money to spare with the best parts of our team intact and the next wave of prospects ready. The rebuild took one season. This is our ramp up year. I expect big things next year

The Twins have literally no chance

According to the Friday report, Jeter, who stands to be in charge of the business and baseball operations of the Marlins when the sale of the team is finalized, asked David Samson to dismiss Hall of Famers Andre Dawson and Tony Perez, as well as Jeff Conine, the former outfielder known as "Mr. Marlin," and 2003 World Series-winning manager Jack McKeon.

Jeter, after first telling Samson he wouldn't be retained -- which was already presumed -- then asked him to inform the four of the moves, because Jeter didn't want to do it, the Herald reported.
    other names i have posted under: none

Hidden ball trick pulled on the Yankees. Kudos, Ryan Goins.

And then, Goins hit the grand slam that sealed the victory. Seems to me like he's earned the keys to the city of Boston
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.