Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Spring Training Thread - Everything Sox ST

Hybrid View

2017 Spring Training Thread - Everything Sox ST

2017Spring Training is here!!!
    Everyone has reported and the rumors and news has already started.

The first bit of news i think is important is Blake Swihart looks to have the "yips"
    He threw a number of balls 3ft over Porcellos and Scott's head and bounced a few too. He was obviously thinking about it before he was throwing back to him. He delayed a bit before he threw it and just looked a bit off.
    Hopefully he can work it out and it turns into nothing, but its something to keep an eye on.
    Questions about Pom and Wright.
    That elbow is a concern with Pom. Maybe they should have sent him back?
    Why is Wright still having issues? Both guys are concerns.

Ok, this thread is for anything and everything Sox spring training, so have at it!
    Last edited by southpaw777; 02-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks for starting this thread!

On Swihart, I just posted in the other thread that I think the 'yips' will be a non issue, but he definitely needs some time in AAA to focus on his work behind the plate.

On Pom, I like his attitude coming into camp. He vows to be in the starting rotation, and not in the pen. He is confident in himself.

On Wright, I can't believe that he is not recovered from his injury yet.

Pitching depth will be a real concern if Wright, Pom, or ERod are not full recovered from their injuries.

Lastly, Woohoo for spring training!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread!

On Swihart, I just posted in the other thread that I think the 'yips' will be a non issue, but he definitely needs some time in AAA to focus on his work behind the plate.

On Pom, I like his attitude coming into camp. He vows to be in the starting rotation, and not in the pen. He is confident in himself.

On Wright, I can't believe that he is not recovered from his injury yet.

Pitching depth will be a real concern if Wright, Pom, or ERod are not full recovered from their injuries.

Lastly, Woohoo for spring training!
    Kimmi many teams can't name a starter beside their first. We got 3 SP who pitch 200 inning last season and I believe there was only 15 in all of MLB. We're quite fortified there.

What concern is the lack of IF corners for me. Pablo and Moreland? Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Kimmi many teams can't name a starter beside their first. We got 3 SP who pitch 200 inning last season and I believe there was only 15 in all of MLB. We're quite fortified there.

What concern is the lack of IF corners for me. Pablo and Moreland? Yuck.
    I'd definitely take our top 3 against anybody's top 3. Having them be able to go deep in games strengthens our pen, which in turn, strengthens our #4 and 5 rotation spots.

Overall team depth is my biggest concern, though it is really not that deep of a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'd definitely take our top 3 against anybody's top 3. Having them be able to go deep in games strengthens our pen, which in turn, strengthens our #4 and 5 rotation spots.

Overall team depth is my biggest concern, though it is really not that deep of a concern.
    Our #4 was an allstar last year. While our CY winner wasn't. How crazy is that. If Pomegranate can be half decent and E-rod pitches like he did in the 2nd half we're good. Every team has SP depth issues and we're seeing the media portrayal of the sky is falling is ridiculous at this point.

Pablo is said to be in the best shape of his life. But how do you know that is true? lmao

Pablo is said to be in the best shape of his life. But how do you know that is true? lmao
    I'm really pulling for the guy. Losing all that weight does not guarantee that he will be able to perform on the field, but I give him credit for taking last year as a wake up call and doing something about it. I hope his hard work pays off, not just for him, but because the team really needs him to be successful.

Many a player has gotten into the best shape of his life after his skills have completely eroded.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I follow him on IG. he has been working very hard for the past 6 months. I cannot confirm his entire life but he def looks like he is in the best shape in many years. his current shape is closer to an "i" than an "o".
    other names i have posted under: none

Swihart has an option while neither two of the catchers do, it's AAA time even if he emerges from this issue of yips or yaps whatever you call it by the time spring is over.

Swihart has an option while neither two of the catchers do, it's AAA time even if he emerges from this issue of yips or yaps whatever you call it by the time spring is over.
    Agreed.

Did anybody watch Mookie bowling last night? He was really good, believe he had like 6/6 straight strike.

Did anybody watch Mookie bowling last night? He was really good, believe he had like 6/6 straight strike.
    I did not see him bowl last night, but I've seen him bowl before. He is really good. I'm a big fan of bowling and the PBA. Mookie could definitely be a PBA bowler if he were not playing baseball. There is waaaayyyyy more money in baseball than in bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    2017Spring Training is here!!!
    Everyone has reported and the rumors and news has already started.

The first bit of news i think is important is Blake Swihart looks to have the "yips"
    He threw a number of balls 3ft over Porcellos and Scott's head and bounced a few too. He was obviously thinking about it before he was throwing back to him. He delayed a bit before he threw it and just looked a bit off.
    Hopefully he can work it out and it turns into nothing, but its something to keep an eye on.
    Questions about Pom and Wright.
    That elbow is a concern with Pom. Maybe they should have sent him back?
    Why is Wright still having issues? Both guys are concerns.

Ok, this thread is for anything and everything Sox spring training, so have at it!
    It may be time to trade him, before this problem becomes completely exposed.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It may be time to trade him, before this problem becomes completely exposed.
    Swihart?
    Im not real worried about the kid. Im guessing he will work it out. It was def out of the ordinary though. Not really like knocking the rust off...