Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Kind of Cool Idea for Contest

Kind of Cool Idea for Contest

Not sure why, but I've been thinking we should do a kind of cool contest where gifts are sent to the winner.

We could bet on anything. Like how many losses Baltimore has at the end of the year, or how many errors Devers ends up with minus Home Runs. Anything stupid.

Now the fun part would be the winner gets to win actual cool stuff from people here on this forum. The people who entered would send the winner a prize. Something valued around 10 to 40 dollars, or what ever the contestant that lost wanted to send that person.

If we got like 10 people in this, the winner would receive like 10 packages of totally cool crap from the rest of us.

The thing is, is that people that want to do this and lose, actually have to take the time and box up their stuff and send.

Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Like I mentioned, any bet on anything is good, let's bet on something you wouldn't want to bet against the Sox, like what Baltimores run differential is at the end of the year or something.

Any interest. I got multiple BBQ sauce makers down here just asking to send a jar of their stuff up north. I'm sure half of you are on a witness protection plan, so we could figure that out later as far as addresses.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

love this idea.
    in.
    other names i have posted under: none

I am always game for sports contests. I can't get enough of them.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I like this idea as well, I'm interested.

I forgot I posted this.

Ok. we have a few people, I'm sure we'll get a few more. Heck, you three cats are people I'd want to hang out with anyway, so let's do this. Let's try to get a few more people, the more the merrier.

What we are betting on: Baltimores Run Differential at the end of the regular season. Tie breaker is how many losses they have at the end of the regular season.

When do you have to get your bet in? On or before July 17th. The day of the All Star game.

What happens if you lose? You have to mail a gift(s) to the person who wins, hopefully within a week at the end of the regular season. The gift(s) should be in the value of around 10 to 50 dollars. If you happen to want to spend more go for it........... you get a Talk Sox big spender award.

How you join? You need to PM me before July 17th with your pick for what you beleive Baltimores run differential will be at the end of the year, and how many losses you think they will have at the end of the year.
    On, or very close, to July 17, I'll post everyones picks.

The only issue is is that at the end the person who wins is going to have to give up their address and maybe their real name. I can get that info and PM only to the people that are playing. Or, I think we could get Youk or JBay to do that if you happen to think I'm a nutty bastard of something. I also think maybe giving to a charity of the winning person option would be a cool gesture if sending a gift isn't something you want to do.

Does all that sound cool?
    Last edited by SoxHop; 06-26-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    In our yellow submarine

Tell your friends....
    In our yellow submarine

This super fizzled. I'll get it started next year at the beginning of the season though.
    In our yellow submarine