Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Call for 2017 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League -- Mike Grace Memorial Leafue

Hybrid View

Last Call for 2017 TalkSox Fantasy Baseball League -- Mike Grace Memorial Leafue

So far we have commitments from only 5 teams:

MVP
    U.N.
    iortiz
    Thunder
    A700Hitter

I still have not heard from 3 of last years teams that were invited back. If I don't get 3 more teams-- preferably 5 by Sunday, we will probably have to cancel the league. That would be break a long string of seasons where TalkSox has had a Fantasy league. Please drop me a PM if you want to join the league. If you have already been invited, please join.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Looks like I won't be able to take Pedroia in the 1st round now...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Come on people! I have a title that I would love to defend!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

We have 8 confirmed teams, so we will have a TalkSox league again in 2017. I am still working on getting 2 more teams. I have not heard back from Palodios who has participated the last few years. Also, Southpaw777 had expressed interest in joining and he was invited, but he has not confirmed. If we only have 8 teams, each team will have a lot of talent. One option to increase the degree of difficulty would be to convert the league into an AL Only league. What do you think?

Depending on whether we have 8 or 10 teams the payout structure will differ. I will announce that before the draft.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'd be down for an AL only league.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Ted, another friend wants to join. His name is Hugo Vidaurreta and his email is hvidaurreta@kyrabo.com.

So if there's still room, he would join too. Let me know compadre.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Ted, another friend wants to join. His name is Hugo Vidaurreta and his email is hvidaurreta@kyrabo.com.

So if there's still room, he would join too. Let me know compadre.
    Great! If you have 2 friends, that would bring the league to 10 teams. I will send them both invitations tonight.

Great! If you have 2 friends, that would bring the league to 10 teams. I will send them both invitations tonight.
    Perfect! I'll let them know that you will send the invitation. Please include your PayPal account, I already told them that it is 20 bucks the fee.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Perfect! I'll let them know that you will send the invitation. Please include your PayPal account, I already told them that it is 20 bucks the fee.
    Invitations have been sent. Let me know if they received the invitations.

Hi Ted, I have a friend here in Mexico who is interested to join the legue. His name is José Portillo and his email is jjportillo@live.com.

So if there is still room and if you agree, please let me know to let him know.

Hugo just texted me and said that he hasn't received the invitation. Probably you didn't copy the email well compadre LOL!

Anyways, he just gave me another email: hvidaurreta@me.com, so if you want to send it again to this new email, I'll appreciate it my friend.

Hugo just texted me and said that he hasn't received the invitation. Probably you didn't copy the email well compadre LOL!

Anyways, he just gave me another email: hvidaurreta@me.com, so if you want to send it again to this new email, I'll appreciate it my friend.
    I sent invitation to the new email address. Let me know if he doesn't get it.

I sent invitation to the new email address. Let me know if he doesn't get it.
    oks, let me check Ted.

In a previous post I told you that there is another friend interested in joining as well. Is there still room?

oks, let me check Ted.

In a previous post I told you that there is another friend interested in joining as well. Is there still room?
    I opened up a spot for Jose and re-sent the invitation. He might have had trouble trying to sign up, but he should be able to sign up now. Hugo has already signed up his team. Do you have a 3rd friend who wants to join.

I opened up a spot for Jose and re-sent the invitation. He might have had trouble trying to sign up, but he should be able to sign up now. Hugo has already signed up his team. Do you have a 3rd friend who wants to join.
    José told me that he already recieved the invitation. He is going to sign up during tonight or tomorrow. Hugo is already signed up as you said.

Yeah, I have a third friend. In the post No. 12 of the thread I wrote his name an email.

His name is Karlos Contreras. His email is karlos.contreras@gmail.com. He wants to join if there's still room.

Let me know compadre.