Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 195

Thread: 2017 Season General Discussion Thread

  1. #1

    2017 Season General Discussion Thread

    Blue Jays stiff Sanchez. Thanks pal, here's league minimum. And of course it's a punishment. I just don't understand why the initial offer is an offer? Sanchez doesn't have any say in what he gets paid the first three years.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sanche...8763--mlb.html
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    http://deadspin.com/starling-marte-s...-te-1794426029

    Starling Marte suspended for 80 games.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  3. #3
    The Marte news saddens me greatly.
    We miss you Mike.

  4. #4
    Way too many HRs already.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Way too many HRs already.
    The ball is definitely juiced up, started last season.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    The ball is definitely juiced up, started last season.
    Yeah, absolutely. That was exposed on a crazy play where Mike Napoli hit a high fly ball that wasn't caught and bounced up like a Superball off the warning track way up and into the stands for a ground-rule double. It just had much more bounce in it than it should have.

  7. #7
    Kristie Ackert‏Verified account @Ackert_NYDN 10h10 hours ago
    Harvey gave up eight homers in 92.2 homers last season. He’s given up 10 in 40 innings this year. #Mets

    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #8
    Steven Pearce lays out with a great grab.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266...eautiful-catch
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #9
    Arrieta continues to suck this season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  10. #10
    Our old friend tazawa just gave up a grand salami lol. Fuck you Junichi!

  11. #11
    Tazawa was a work horse for the Sox.

    I have nothing bad to say about him.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Tazawa was a work horse for the Sox.

    I have nothing bad to say about him.
    He was overworked to the point where he was no longer effective.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He was overworked to the point where he was no longer effective.
    That is probably true.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  14. #14
    I was a big Taz fan, he definitely got overworked and I wish him nothing but the best. Hard to hate on a guy who contributed positively to a world series winning team and left on good terms.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I was a big Taz fan, he definitely got overworked and I wish him nothing but the best. Hard to hate on a guy who contributed positively to a world series winning team and left on good terms.
    Amen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •