Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 195 of 195

Thread: 2017 Season General Discussion Thread

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Thanks Bell, so after that error with 2 outs, he could allow 20 more Rs and still would be only 1 ER?
    That's correct. He does get charged with the runs, of course.

    It's one more reason why ERA isn't totally reliable.

    Just think if the error that was charged was a bad call by the scorer, that it should have been a hit.

    That would mean Cashner was let off the hook for what should have been 7 more earned runs.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yup. We all have fond memories of Jon and we have supported him for so long it feels odd when he says or does something dumb.

    Newsflash. He has never been that bright.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #183
    Andrew Romine played all 9 defensive positions in 1 game for the Tigers yesterday!

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...innesota-twins

  4. #184
    So what's the opinion on Terry Collins as a manager? Interesting that the owner apparently blocked his firing on several occasions.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So what's the opinion on Terry Collins as a manager? Interesting that the owner apparently blocked his firing on several occasions.
    They should fire everybody in that organization, it's incredible that with that talent in the rotation didn't accomplish anything

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    They should fire everybody in that organization, it's incredible that with that talent in the rotation didn't accomplish anything
    Pitching was awful this year. The team ERA was 5, which is historically bad for Mets -- only the 1962 team was worse.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    They should fire everybody in that organization, it's incredible that with that talent in the rotation didn't accomplish anything
    Can't get them all to stay healthy long enough. That they only got 7 games out of Thor is one of the keys to their losing season.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #188
    Breaking the rules on international players. That sounds so familiar....

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-signing-rules
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Can't get them all to stay healthy long enough. That they only got 7 games out of Thor is one of the keys to their losing season.
    When most of your key players, for a few seasons in raw, get injured something is wrong with your coaching/medical staff

  10. #190
    @zbryce21

    BREAKING: Plane owned by former #Phillies and #BlueJays pitcher Roy Halladay has crashed, one body confirmed dead. Waiting on identity.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #191
    RIP Roy
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @zbryce21

    BREAKING: Plane owned by former #Phillies and #BlueJays pitcher Roy Halladay has crashed, one body confirmed dead. Waiting on identity.
    This breaks my heart. RIP Roy

  13. #193
    If I ever become famous, I swear I will only ever take commercial flights. No private planes, and I certainly will never try to fly one myself. The fatality numbers among celebrities are lower in absolute terms compared to regular people, but the percentage is so much higher. How many athletes, musicians, actors, and politicians have died in plane crashes? Shit, there was a time a few decades ago where it seemed like there was a band or musician dying in a plane crash every other day.

    RIP Roy Halladay. He was a hell of a pitcher and from what little we know as fans, seemed like a hell of a guy too.


  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    When most of your key players, for a few seasons in raw, get injured something is wrong with your coaching/medical staff
    That's been the knock on the Mets for years now.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #195
    RIP. A true legend.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •