Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: 2017 Ump Show

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Joe bleeping West is wearing a white armband to protest umpire mistreatment today.

    I'm dead.
    The only time Joe West has ever been good at something was when he had a cameo on Naked Gun:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzoXUrYP2R4
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  2. #17
    Does anyone find it ironic that they're wearing white wristbands for the umpire who is suing the MLB for racial discrimination?

    I think MLB agreed with Kinsler

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Joe bleeping West is wearing a white armband to protest umpire mistreatment today.

    I'm dead.
    LOL This is too much.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The only time Joe West has ever been good at something was when he had a cameo on Naked Gun:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzoXUrYP2R4
    Joe West did have one great game in his career though, and for that one game I'll always like him as much as I can like an ump.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Joe West did have one great game in his career though, and for that one game I'll always like him as much as I can like an ump.
    Can somebody remind me of this game? I think I know what you're talking about.

    Personally, I've always respected umpires. Being one myself, I know how tough it is. You have to have the mindset of not being there to make friends, because, well, all of the players and coaches see you as inferior
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Can somebody remind me of this game? I think I know what you're talking about.
    2004 ALCS Game 6 vs. the Yanks. 2 calls correctly changed in our favor, including the infamous A-Rod slap play. In Yankee Stadium, and without benefit of viewing any replays.

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    2004 ALCS Game 6 vs. the Yanks. 2 calls correctly changed in our favor, including the infamous A-Rod slap play. In Yankee Stadium, and without benefit of viewing any replays.
    Yes! That's it. I knew the umpires in that game were fantastic, but I wasn't aware that West was one of them
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  8. #23
    That the umps would go to bat (heh heh) for this POS disgusts me. He should be shown the door, regardless of his illegitimate lawsuit.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    2004 ALCS Game 6 vs. the Yanks. 2 calls correctly changed in our favor, including the infamous A-Rod slap play. In Yankee Stadium, and without benefit of viewing any replays.
    I was watching that game in real time and thought for sure no way we'd get either of them changed. For that alone, I support limited replay.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #25
    and can you imagine if they hadn't reversed the bitchslap and the next guy hit a HR and we lost?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Can somebody remind me of this game? I think I know what you're talking about.

    Personally, I've always respected umpires. Being one myself, I know how tough it is. You have to have the mindset of not being there to make friends, because, well, all of the players and coaches see you as inferior
    IMO, the umpires do a pretty good job for the most part. What irks me about them is when they let their egos get the best of them.

  12. #27
    The first inning of last night's game once again demonstrated that many umps have a difficult time accurately calling balls and strikes. Sale had at least one clearcut strike called a ball and at least one borderline strike called a ball, so you're thinking, okay, tight strike zone tonight. Then our leadoff hitter gets rung up on a pitch about six inches outside.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    IMO, the umpires do a pretty good job for the most part. What irks me about them is when they let their egos get the best of them.
    The fact we know any of their names is usually a bad thing - especially where Hernandez and Bucknor are concerned.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    IMO, the umpires do a pretty good job for the most part. What irks me about them is when they let their egos get the best of them.
    Yes, I agree. I cringe at those moments. The game isn't about us, it's about the players.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The first inning of last night's game once again demonstrated that many umps have a difficult time accurately calling balls and strikes. Sale had at least one clearcut strike called a ball and at least one borderline strike called a ball, so you're thinking, okay, tight strike zone tonight. Then our leadoff hitter gets rung up on a pitch about six inches outside.
    Umps just don't set up very good behind the plate. The majority of them really struggle with the outside corner. I think they need to go back to the oversized balloon style chest protectors.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •