Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Espn

  1. #1

    Espn

    Is it because I'm "getting" old? Or has ESPN sunk beyond the point of no return? Has Wilbon ever gone an entire broadcast without mentioning Michael Jordan? Interruption should not be bursting in when you have nothing to say. I turn the shown when I'm really bored, but seldom last an entire segment that runs from commercial to commercial. Am I alone on this? I feel the SC6 crap is for 10 year olds and idiots. Maybe it's just me?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Is it because I'm "getting" old? Or has ESPN sunk beyond the point of no return? Has Wilbon ever gone an entire broadcast without mentioning Michael Jordan? Interruption should not be bursting in when you have nothing to say. I turn the shown when I'm really bored, but seldom last an entire segment that runs from commercial to commercial. Am I alone on this? I feel the SC6 crap is for 10 year olds and idiots. Maybe it's just me?
    ESPN is garbage. I prefer to watch with the sound off.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #3
    Anyone with Comcast can get the full deal for ExtraInnings has to make the call 1-877-821-7268. $38/mo. for 4 months. Takes about 30 seconds. Unfortunately I have to watch the Sox-Rays on the Tampa Bay station (I'm in their area) and listen to the two worst announcers in baseball. But what we get in 2017 is a lot different from what we got 1947!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Anyone with Comcast can get the full deal for ExtraInnings has to make the call 1-877-821-7268. $38/mo. for 4 months. Takes about 30 seconds. Unfortunately I have to watch the Sox-Rays on the Tampa Bay station (I'm in their area) and listen to the two worst announcers in baseball. But what we get in 2017 is a lot different from what we got 1947!
    Being out of the Boston area, I think the Extra Innings package is the best thing since sliced bread. I also like to watch other teams' games, so I'm good with getting the complete package versus the single team package.

    For anyone who gets the channels, Extra Innings always gives a free preview during the first week of the season. You can watch any of the games for free that week.

  5. #5
    Oops, think I posted that in the wrong thread. LOL

    On the topic of ESPN, my son absolutely loves it. Then again, he's 15.

  6. #6
    ESPN is one of the reasons I'm glad I gave up cable tv ten years ago. Garbage is the right word. I am sure it's contributing to this country's ADHD epidemic.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Anyone with Comcast can get the full deal for ExtraInnings has to make the call 1-877-821-7268. $38/mo. for 4 months. Takes about 30 seconds. Unfortunately I have to watch the Sox-Rays on the Tampa Bay station (I'm in their area) and listen to the two worst announcers in baseball. But what we get in 2017 is a lot different from what we got 1947!
    Speaking of awful announcers, Chip Caray thought Jacoby Jones (black) and JaCoby Jones (white) are the same person.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #8
    ESPN is shit. It hasn't been good in 20 years.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #9
    Seems like age has something to do with it. ESPN is still my go to for sports news and programming. I've grown up on SportsCenter.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Seems like age has something to do with it. ESPN is still my go to for sports news and programming. I've grown up on SportsCenter.
    You just are too young to remember when it was essential programming. Now, it's just the top of the garbage pile.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #11

  12. #12
    If I had the choice to save money by leaving it off my cable subscription, it already would have been gone from my home for years.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  13. #13
    If they hadn't done it before, they finally found the bottom of the barrel with SC6!

  14. #14
    Yeah, even I hate the new SC6. Was never a fan of Michael and Jemele on Numbers Never Lie either.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  15. #15
    ESPN is horrible and there is very few analysts on there in any sport I can stand. Off the top of my head the only guys I really like are Ryan Clark and SVP. The fact they cover Lonzo Balls dad every day and let that idiots racist comments be a top news story is pathetic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •