Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rotation Discussion

our singles hitting team couldn't string together enough hits...it now takes three singles to score a run...leading the league in batting average means nothing...it's all about scoring runs...
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    our singles hitting team couldn't string together enough hits...it now takes three singles to score a run...leading the league in batting average means nothing...it's all about scoring runs...
    I still like the big bat in the middle of the lineup. Now I understand that someone is going to post all of the players with all of their homer totals from last year. I get that we can hit. I still hope that not really replacing that big bat in the middle does not come back to haunt us. If our pitching staff was healthy top to bottom, maybe we would be ok. it isn't. old school 3 run homers work for me.

I think we're getting what we expected with this team - a bunch of good hitters without David Ortiz in the lineup. The theory was that we'd make up for losing Ortiz with better pitching and better defense. Last night two things happened: The defense let us (and Porcillo) down and the Jays pitching staff came up big.

The Sox are still .600 and one game out of 1st in spite of having been decimated by injuries, sickness, and bereavement & paternity leaves.

Last night was only one game. It's early to panic yet. Let's wait until July to do that.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I think we're getting what we expected with this team - a bunch of good hitters without David Ortiz in the lineup. The theory was that we'd make up for losing Ortiz with better pitching and better defense. Last night two things happened: The defense let us (and Porcillo) down and the Jays pitching staff came up big.

The Sox are still .600 and one game out of 1st in spite of having been decimated by injuries, sickness, and bereavement & paternity leaves.

Last night was only one game. It's early to panic yet. Let's wait until July to do that.
    The defense let us down. Porcello throws sinkers when right and gets grounds balls. Not only did we get consecutive errors, the two hits that got through may have been range issues for two of our infielders. We are what we are in the infield but Pablo now has his 3rd error in 12 games and this one on a routine play. He better get it together as we can't afford weak defense with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I still like the big bat in the middle of the lineup. Now I understand that someone is going to post all of the players with all of their homer totals from last year. I get that we can hit. I still hope that not really replacing that big bat in the middle does not come back to haunt us. If our pitching staff was healthy top to bottom, maybe we would be ok. it isn't. old school 3 run homers work for me.
    Although Pedey is not a HR hitter, I'd like to see him moved down to 5th. This is the line-up I'd like to see someday soon:

1) Beni
    2) Bogey
    3) Betts
    4) HRam
    5) Pedey
    6) JBJ v R/Young v L
    7) Moreland v R/JBJ v L
    8) Pablo v R/ Rutledge v L
    9) Leon/Vaz

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The defense let us down. Porcello throws sinkers when right and gets grounds balls. Not only did we get consecutive errors, the two hits that got through may have been range issues for two of our infielders. We are what we are in the infield but Pablo now has his 3rd error in 12 games and this one on a routine play. He better get it together as we can't afford weak defense with this team.
    Well... one thing I'm sure of is that if a team doesn't score they won't win. Whether that's attributable to poor hitting or outstanding pitching is an age-old debate.

It's had to blame the loss on Porcillo when his pitching line is 7 ip, 6 hits, 3 runs, 0 ER, etc...

IMO we have to chalk this one up to "It's just one of those things....".
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

Don't panic until Memorial Day. It hasn't even been 3 weeks yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Once the weather warms up, the bombings will commence. Dingers love the warm weather.

Deity
    Pomeranz = not bad last night

Wright to have season ending knee surgery.

Thanks, Farrell!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Thanks, Farrell!
    Damn it!

We have to hope that Price can get back into the rotation soon. Right now we have to find another starting arm. Looks like Kyle Kendrick will be the first man up. Who knows after that?

kyle-kendrick-to-start-in-place-of-steven-wright-who-got-second-opinion-on-knee/

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Thanks, Farrell!
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    We have to hope that Price can get back into the rotation soon. Right now we have to find another starting arm. Looks like Kyle Kendrick will be the first man up. Who knows after that?

kyle-kendrick-to-start-in-place-of-steven-wright-who-got-second-opinion-on-knee/
    Hector Velazquez has been pitching really well for Pawtucket.

If Sale is suspended, the rotation will be:

Porcello
    Pomerance
    ERod
    Kendrick
    Velazquez
    Meblowingmybrainsout