Register now to remove this ad

Page 60 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: A Realistic View at 2017 Part II

Deity
    Sometimes you just have to approach things differently. If you aren't scoring runs - have no real power threat- continually ground in to dp's - don't you just have to try something different now and then. The alternative is to just muddle along and repeat the words - it's all going to be ok - this team will hit. unfortunately while we wait for this to happen, good pitching performances are being wasted. move runners over into positions where they might have a chance to score. bunt, steal, hit and run - anything to get into a position to limit the number of double plays and allow us to score a run. Singles just don't seem to produce as many runs as the home run. it doesn't have to represent a permanent change in approach by any means but I think it is time to consider doing a little more to try and score a few runs.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Man, the fire Farrell crew is out in full threat today. I'm hearing this on talk radio like it's gonna happen soon. Oh boy
    He should gotten canned the moment he had a relationship with a Comcast reporter 2 spring ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Will we ever score runs for Sale?
    Or, for anyone else?

soxprospects.com...

After dropping the opener, the PawSox prevailed in the regularly-scheduled contest. Brentz blasted another solo shot, his third home run of the season, and Ryan Court also went deep for Pawtucket. Henry Owens turned in a strong outing, giving up a run on five hits in six innings. Most importantly for Owens, he issued only two walks. Brandon Workman earned his first professional save with a perfect seventh, his fourth consecutive scoreless outing to begin the 2017 season.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    soxprospects.com...

After dropping the opener, the PawSox prevailed in the regularly-scheduled contest. Brentz blasted another solo shot, his third home run of the season, and Ryan Court also went deep for Pawtucket. Henry Owens turned in a strong outing, giving up a run on five hits in six innings. Most importantly for Owens, he issued only two walks. Brandon Workman earned his first professional save with a perfect seventh, his fourth consecutive scoreless outing to begin the 2017 season.
    Time to bring up Workman. 3 LOOGY in that bullpen has pitch less innings than Kelly combined, talk about wasting rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    He should gotten canned the moment he had a relationship with a Comcast reporter 2 spring ago.
    i kind of agree with this. although i'm not sure why....
    other names i have posted under: none

MLBTR...

Red Sox reliever Carson Smith has had a setback in his recovery from 2016 Tommy John surgery, as Jen McCaffrey of MassLive.com writes. Smith was throwing off a mound a couple of weeks ago but has “had to slow down,” manager John Farrell told reporters. Smith is long tossing from 110 feet but is now two weeks removed from his most recent mound session. Boston had been targeting a June return for Smith, but a July return is now more realistic, per McCaffrey. The Red Sox have had rough luck when trading for potential setup arms; in addition to losing Smith for more than a year due to Tommy John surgery just months after trading for him, the team has yet to reap any benefit from its trade to acquire Tyler Thornburg this offseason, as Thornburg has been sidelined all season by a right shoulder impingement. CSNNE.com’s Evan Drellich tweeted recently that Farrell said on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM that Thornburg essentially needs to progress through Spring Training all over again, which would normally consist of seven to 10 appearances.

Time to bring up Workman. 3 LOOGY in that bullpen has pitch less innings than Kelly combined, talk about wasting rosters.
    Ross is not a LOOGY.

Career OPS against

LHB .717
    RHB .714

Ross is not a LOOGY.

Career OPS against

LHB .717
    RHB .714
    RJR is great. He's super duper valuable.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Funny that she got fired, but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i kind of agree with this. although i'm not sure why....
    Uhhh... Jealousy?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Funny that she got fired, but he didn't.
    Pretty telling, if you ask me.

if JF hates Ross so much, trade the mother. I am so sick and tired of JF. What's his love affair with Holt? Get rid of him. We have too many 5-8 guys with no athleticism.
    He's a waste of roster spot.

Can we get someone who is a manager and not a politician? Parsing of words, skating the issues. A former pitching coach who gets every pitcher hurt.

Pretty telling, if you ask me.
    Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

RJR was optioned to Pawtucket? WTF?

Just get rid of Abad.