Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 MLB Gamethread

2017 MLB Gamethread

It snowed today in Connecticut, on the first day of April. But, somewhere, spring has already arrived; I'm sure of it. The first pitch of the 2017 Regular Season will be thrown in less than 20 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

All-Star

Important news from other games

Opening day. Tanaka stinks. One less Al contender to worry about/ Only kidding but w/o him they are in deep doo-doo.

All-Star
    His first start I would guess he turns it around, but it is fun to watch.

All-Star
    Opening day, 2017. Baumardner brilliant! He has a no-no I think. Tanaka was lousy from start to finish. How can the Yankees perform without an ace!

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Opening day, 2017. Baumardner brilliant! He has a no-no I think. Tanaka was lousy from start to finish. How can the Yankees perform without an ace!
    I think Pineda will have a better year this year, but still, Tanaka did not look good at all today, and that's a bad sign for the Yanks.

All-Star
    We saw history today. Baumgardner became the first pitcher in baseball history to hit two home runs in the same game ON OPENING DAY! What do you think of that, baseball fans?

Tanaka pitched well last year and he pitched well this spring. AFAIK there are no health concerns. So in all likelihood this was just a bad day and he bounces back strong.

All that said, today's game was fun.

My boy hit a game tying HR on Opening Day after being out all of last season! I don't even care that Bumgarner made history

I am happy for Tommy Archer.

I hope that he has a big year.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    Giants lead D Backs 3-0, Baumgartner has a non non and, hits 2 home runs. D-Bacls cme to tie it. Giants take 4-3 lead, D Backs come back to tie. Giants take 5-4 lead. Bottom of the 9th no one on. A single a double and 2 more singles. D Backs win 6-5. There may or moay ot be better game all year!

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Giants lead D Backs 3-0, Baumgartner has a non non and, hits 2 home runs. D-Bacls cme to tie it. Giants take 4-3 lead, D Backs come back to tie. Giants take 5-4 lead. Bottom of the 9th no one on. A single a double and 2 more singles. D Backs win 6-5. There may or moay ot be better game all year!
    Totally agree. Thoroughly entertaining game from start to finish. Reminded me how great baseball is.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Piscotty of the Cardinals got hit with a pitch today, then got hit with a throw when advancing to second on a WP, and then got hit again with a throw while sliding into home, all in the same inning. Baseball is weird sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Dreams do sometimes come true...

It's not Red Sox related, but my gosh, I'll bet that every member on this forum can relate:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/behind-the-tears-brock-stassi-has-an-inspiring-story-to-tell-232820835.html

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I can't relate at all. My deep, personal struggle to break into the Major League ended abruptly at the age of 18 when I realized how much I hate exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.