Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I read that Jason Groome got lit up in his single A debut for 9 runs in 1 1/3 innings and then was removed from the game with an arm injury or something severe.

That was a quick career.
    I read that he was removed due to a 'mild lat strain'?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I read that Jason Groome got lit up in his single A debut for 9 runs in 1 1/3 innings and then was removed from the game with an arm injury or something severe.

That was a quick career.
    It has to be because of the Red Sox shoulder strengthening program! it has even affected Espinoza way over on the left coast. Damn Red Sox medical and training staff. There are too many of them to begin with. Too many to count on opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    It has to be because of the Red Sox shoulder strengthening program! it has even affected Espinoza way over on the left coast. Damn Red Sox medical and training staff. There are too many of them to begin with. Too many to count on opening day.
    It seems like we've had these medical staff issues since I started following the Sox in the early 70's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It seems like we've had these medical staff issues since I started following the Sox in the early 70's!!!
    I don't know why they fired Dr. Bill Morgan. He was the only Sox medical guy who ever did anything really good that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know why they fired Dr. Bill Morgan. He was the only Sox medical guy who ever did anything really good that I know of.
    Maybe this had something to do with it...

By Shaun Sutner TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

Dr. William J. Morgan, the former Red Sox team physician who gained national fame for repairing pitcher Curt Schilling’s torn right ankle tendon so he could pitch in the 2004 playoffs and World Series, has indefinitely given up his right to practice medicine while state officials investigate him for unspecified allegations.

Dr. Morgan, 57, a hand surgeon and longtime Auburn and Boylston resident, was also head physician for the Worcester Sharks minor league hockey team from 2006 until he resigned last fall around the time he surrendered his medical license. He also left St. Vincent Hospital at Worcester Medical Center.

Dr. Morgan was chief Red Sox doctor from 2001 until 2004 when he was replaced. He was arrested in Worcester for drunken driving in 2003.

Dr. Morgan and his lawyer, W. Scott Liebert of Boston, could not be reached for comment.

Dr. Morgan had most recently practiced with the Fallon Clinic. An employee who answered the phone at Fallon’s Summer Street office said Dr. Morgan is no longer with the clinic.

On Sept. 20, Dr. Morgan entered into a voluntary agreement with the state Board of Registration in Medicine not to practice medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I read that he was removed due to a 'mild lat strain'?
    I have read this now too. The report I saw first was not that specific. It did paint a more dire picture.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    I really was just kidding around. i really only truly follow the Sox but my bet would be that every major league franchise fights with similar issues.

I'm sure all teams have similar injuries, but it seems like our injuries always turn out worse than what the FO initially makes them out to be. I'm not sure why that is.

Deity
    I'm not sure that they are any worse than those of any other team. I really only follow us in any great detail.

Deity
    Hey - did I just hear that buck snort just left a game due to injury? if I heard right - really that gd medical and training staff from boston must have struck again.

Deity
    Good night for Swihart - single, home run, 3 rbi's

All-Star
    We have a few guys off to really hot starts (Devers, Ockimey), but I like what Travis Lakins is doing in Salem - 1 ER in 11.1 IP with 17 K's thus far. The system looks pretty barren in pitching at this point, so we could really use someone like him stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    We have a few guys off to really hot starts (Devers, Ockimey), but I like what Travis Lakins is doing in Salem - 1 ER in 11.1 IP with 17 K's thus far. The system looks pretty barren in pitching at this point, so we could really use someone like him stepping up.
    I'm hopeful at least one from Lakins, Raudes and Anderson can come through. Maybe we can add Cosart and Shawaryn to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    The system has been really poor on pitching for as long as I can remember. They had a good stretch from 04 - 08, but it's been absolute shit for most of my lifetime.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The system has been really poor on pitching for as long as I can remember. They had a good stretch from 04 - 08, but it's been absolute shit for most of my lifetime.
    True. For a brief moment there last summer it looked like we might have three legitimate blue-chip pitching prospects -- Espinoza, Kopech, and Groome -- to dream on, but now we really have almost all our eggs in the Groome basket. Maybe some of the secondary guys like Lakins or the others Moon named can take a big step forward, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.