Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Legend
    Devers is only Sox Prospect that made the Futures Game Roster. Moncada, Kopech, Dubon, made it. I see Dubon got promoted to Triple AAA, hitting .292, but still early. That Thornberg deal might be the worse Trade by Dombrowski. Shaw looks good, and Dubon hits like he is doing, it will be his worse. Dubon has hit everywhere he's been, I see no reason, he will regress at Triple AAA.
    Moncada 2 Months older, than Dubon.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-30-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Legend
    Went to Portland games last night, DoubleHeader. Devers hit a bomb 2nd game. Kid I'm going to keep an eye on is Chad De La Guerra, kid got a nice bat.
    Today get to see Ball, I'm glad really want to see him.
    Teddy Stankiewicz pitched a nice 1st game.

All-Star
    Today marks the beginning of the 2017/18 international signing period. This pool of talent has been a huge source of prospects as well as MLB talent for the Sox over the years. After being banned from any signings the last year the Sox started off today with a bang.

#2 Daniel Flores (C) 3.1 million

#7 Danny Diaz (SS) 1.6 million

#35 Antoni Flores (SS) 1.4 million

All-Star
    Danny Diaz is not to be confused with the Venezuelan SS Denny Daza the Sox are also expected to sign

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Went to Portland games last night, DoubleHeader. Devers hit a bomb 2nd game. Kid I'm going to keep an eye on is Chad De La Guerra, kid got a nice bat.
    Today get to see Ball, I'm glad really want to see him.
    Teddy Stankiewicz pitched a nice 1st game.
    when I saw Gabon play, I absolutely loved the guy. I think that you are right about watching Chad De La Guerra too.

All-Star
    Carrying over from what was said in the Trade Deadline thread...I have no idea what the usual or appropriate conversion rate is between prospects and international money, but I'm not too concerned about the loss of Longhi. He's never showed much power for a guy who will be 1B or corner OF only, though I also realize he's still young. If it allows us to get the players we wanted (including a couple of potential studs in Flores and Diaz, from the sound of things), then I'm good with that. Between the draft and this international haul, there are some really intriguing players to be found and I like the progress we've made in restocking the lower levels of the system.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Carrying over from what was said in the Trade Deadline thread...I have no idea what the usual or appropriate conversion rate is between prospects and international money, but I'm not too concerned about the loss of Longhi. He's never showed much power for a guy who will be 1B or corner OF only, though I also realize he's still young. If it allows us to get the players we wanted (including a couple of potential studs in Flores and Diaz, from the sound of things), then I'm good with that. Between the draft and this international haul, there are some really intriguing players to be found and I like the progress we've made in restocking the lower levels of the system.
    I think both Travis, and Ockimey are ahead of Longhis. He's a long shot as a starting regular and the Sox couldn't sign all their international agreements without trading for bonus pool money. I think it's a good trade that helps in the re-stocking of the system.

All-Star
    Alex Speier‏ @alexspeier 7m7 minutes ago
    Red Sox traded minor league INFs Imeldo Diaz and Stanley Espinal to STL in exchange for international amateur signing bonus pool space.

All-Star
    I think as a fan I would rather my team spend all of its international money than trade it for C and D-list prospects...but I am fine with us taking advantage.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    I think as a fan I would rather my team spend all of its international money than trade it for C and D-list prospects...but I am fine with us taking advantage.
    Some teams are limited from going over their cap in previous years but they still get awarded bonus pool money

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Some teams are limited from going over their cap in previous years but they still get awarded bonus pool money
    Good call...I missed that the Reds and Cardinals are both under the penalty...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...l-bonus-pools/

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    I think both Travis, and Ockimey are ahead of Longhis. He's a long shot as a starting regular and the Sox couldn't sign all their international agreements without trading for bonus pool money. I think it's a good trade that helps in the re-stocking of the system.
    I think Dalbec and Chavis might be future 1B converts that would probably be ahead of Longhi as well.

soxprospects.com has updated their rankings while also inserting draft picks into the list:

http://soxprospects.com/

#5 Tanner Houck
    #14 Cole Brannen
    #15 Alex Scherff

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think Dalbec and Chavis might be future 1B converts that would probably be ahead of Longhi as well.
    Plus I think Longhi has to be added to the 40 man soon as well, and there isn't much space for him on the roster on top of him being a fringe level prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Plus I think Longhi has to be added to the 40 man soon as well, and there isn't much space for him on the roster on top of him being a fringe level prospect.
    Yes, Longhi will be a rule 5 candidate this winter, so this could also have been a preemptive move to avoid losing him or someone else:

Victor Acosta, Yoan Aybar, Trey Ball, Gerson Bautista, Jalen Beeks, Danny Bethea, Jordan Betts, Ty Buttrey, Jamie Callahan, Rusney Castillo, Harrison Cooney, Jake Cosart, Enmanuel De Jesus, Rafael Devers, Jhonathan Diaz, Jake Drehoff, Willis Figueroa, Pat Goetze, Daniel Gonzalez, Taylor Grover, Juan Hernandez, Darwinzon Hernandez, Bryan Hudson, Dedgar Jimenez, Raiwinson Lameda, Tzu-Wei Lin, Nick Longhi, Isaias Lucena, Danny Mars, Algenis Martinez, Kevin McAvoy, Daniel McGrath, Ritzi Mendoza, Mike Meyers, Mike Miller, Samuel Miranda, Joseph Monge, Jhon Nunez, Yankory Pimentel, Jordan Procyshen, Hildemaro Requena, Jeremy Rivera, Jake Romanski, Chandler Shepherd, Josh Smith, Teddy Stankiewicz, Cole Sturgeon, Carlos Tovar, Jantzen Witte