Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Beeks threw a nice game last night. He has no put away pitch, but continues to get hitters out.

If he continues to throw well, I wonder if he gets a September call up.
    If he's not traded, maybe.

Legend
    Chavis got his 5th HR today.

Beeks has to be better as a lefty reliever than abad. Let's trade abad for Frazier.

Beeks threw a nice game last night. He has no put away pitch, but continues to get hitters out.

If he continues to throw well, I wonder if he gets a September call up.
    If a guy performs well in the minors but has no "put away pitch" then I seriously question his ability to make the jump to the bigs and get big league hitters out. If his stuff plays up a few MPH in a bullpen role I can see him as a good option in the 6th/7th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    If a guy performs well in the minors but has no "put away pitch" then I seriously question his ability to make the jump to the bigs and get big league hitters out. If his stuff plays up a few MPH in a bullpen role I can see him as a good option in the 6th/7th inning.
    That's is the thinking that with a little velocity kick, his stuff plays better in a limited role and maybe he becomes a 7th or 8th inning lefty.

Ockimey with a walk off tater tonight.

Beeks has to be better as a lefty reliever than abad. Let's trade abad for Frazier.
    Beeks is a starter. The Sox have continued to struggle developing starters so I think it would be a waste to move him off of that role. He also has a reverse split and pitches better against righties.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Why would the White Sox want Abad?

Legend
    I'm more afraid the White Sox will want a kid like Shawaryn. Don't want to lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Why would the White Sox want Abad?
    Maybe they want their bullpen to really stink.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

GCL Red Sox broke out the bats today. Chatham hit a tater and exited the game early,

Chavis with another tater tonight!

Legend
    Pawsox came back after giving 8 runs in the 1st inning, they won 9-8. Maybe bring them all up to Boston.

Deity
    Oh Henry - At some point in time, the Owens experiment has to end one way or another. It just doesn't look too promising.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I'm more afraid the White Sox will want a kid like Shawaryn. Don't want to lose him.
    I dont' ever want to lose anyone, but I'd rather give up a guy like Shawaryn if it means we keep someone like Mata.