Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Hybrid View

2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Starting off this year's mega thread will a very important question.

http://soxprospects.com/players/groome-jay.htm

When did he become "Jay" Groome?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I guess he is not considered a big time prospect anymore but I continue to be very interested in Swihart.

My guess is while the system appears to have been depleted, one or two guys will emerge as prospect of note this season. Guys we have not been keying on.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

While I think we went a bit to far emptying much of the farm, I'm happy the guys we kept the players who play positions we will probably need to fill first:

3B: (Pablo could move to 1B or DH)
    Hernandez
    Devers
    Dalbec
    Chatham
    Chavis

1B: (Moreland on 1 yr deal/HanRam to FT DH)
    Shaw
    Ockimey
    Longhi

P: (Abad on 1 year/Pomeranz, Kelly & Kimbrel 2 yrs left)
    Groome
    Raudes
    Lakins
    Shawaryn
    Ysla, Mata, Cozart (Johnson & Owens)

I see Margot hit his first MLB dinger for San Diego today.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I see Margot hit his first MLB dinger for San Diego today.
    He hit 2 today.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    great for Margot! Good to see.

Margot is killing the ball. Doubled twice off Bumgarner last night.

Why can't the Sox get prospects like that?

Why can't the Sox get prospects like that?
    I was going to post this, but I bit my tongue. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I was going to post this, but I bit my tongue. LOL
    Got ya covered Sisterwoman!

Or sorry to steal your thunder!

I am prepared for the eventuality of former Sox prospects prospering. Not all of them will do so. Some will and I'm cool with that.

Uh oh Dave...

Deity
    I hope that all of our former prospects do well. Franchises that are moving forward not backward know that you can't keep them all. You have to use all means available to build a championship team. if they turn out to be real good, they may even return home someday.

I read that Jason Groome got lit up in his single A debut for 9 runs in 1 1/3 innings and then was removed from the game with an arm injury or something severe.

That was a quick career.

Deity
    I read that Jason Groome got lit up in his single A debut for 9 runs in 1 1/3 innings and then was removed from the game with an arm injury or something severe.

That was a quick career.
    I wonder if somebody can blame DD for this one. Maybe he should have traded him ? I think that it is a crapshoot with any pitcher. The one prospect I am going to miss watching develop is the one that I think could become a true superstar - Moncada. He is off to a red hot start in AAA. I say this but I am very happy we acquired a true ace in Sale! Good to see Devers off to a good start as well.