Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Chavis .281, too. Mata did OK too.
    24 HRs in 337 ABs in the minors this year.

.969 OPS.

When will he be called to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    24 HRs in 337 ABs in the minors this year.

.969 OPS.

When will he be called to AAA?
    Next year. His OPS is only .849 in AA right now. That's good, but not dominant. There will also be more of a roster crunch in AAA.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Next year. His OPS is only .849 in AA right now. That's good, but not dominant. There will also be more of a roster crunch in AAA.
    Rutledge's rehab stint is nearly over. He will need to be traded or DFA'd, With Devers in MLB, there should be room for Chavis there, but I'm fine with the choices being made on promotions.

Legend
    If the Sox ever think about promoting from within. They should consider Salem's Joe Oliver. He's been one of our Best Managers developing kids. Chavis said he worked hard with him about his swing, to shorten it up, to cut down the K's.

Rutledge's rehab stint is nearly over. He will need to be traded or DFA'd, With Devers in MLB, there should be room for Chavis there, but I'm fine with the choices being made on promotions.
    He will have to be offered back to the Rockies.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He will have to be offered back to the Rockies.
    They can have him.

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got an end of season promotion. As in, he plays a week in Pawtucket.

Rutledge will clear waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got an end of season promotion. As in, he plays a week in Pawtucket.
    Maybe. Seeing that neither the SeaDogs nor the PawSox will be in the playoffs, there isn't a reason to have him on one roster over the other.

Maybe. Seeing that neither the SeaDogs nor the PawSox will be in the playoffs, there isn't a reason to have him on one roster over the other.
    Like I said I wouldn't be surprised but the more I think about it the more I think he finishes the season in Portland. IDK, call it 50/50 which is taking the easy way out. But as you said earlier, he's not exactly killing it in Portland. Still, an OPS above .800 after making a jump to a higher level is encouraging.

Actually, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he started next year in Portland either. Although in that scenario I think he would be one of those early season promotions who would move up a level after a month if he was absolutely destroying the baseball.

Legend
    Chavis got some quick hands, he would be deadly at Fenway. Last night he took 2 walks, learning the zone. He's starting to get it.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-27-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Like I said I wouldn't be surprised but the more I think about it the more I think he finishes the season in Portland. IDK, call it 50/50 which is taking the easy way out. But as you said earlier, he's not exactly killing it in Portland. Still, an OPS above .800 after making a jump to a higher level is encouraging.

Actually, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he started next year in Portland either. Although in that scenario I think he would be one of those early season promotions who would move up a level after a month if he was absolutely destroying the baseball.
    If he finishes the year strong and has a monster ST, he could wind up in Boston. It all depends on what DD does in the offseason though.

If he finishes the year strong and has a monster ST, he could wind up in Boston. It all depends on what DD does in the offseason though.
    Yup....but then it begs the question of where does he play? possibly a move to the outfield? If Benintendi can't improve upon his at bats vs. LHP he could get some reps against lefties in LF. Maybe he can play some 1B? he might be kind of short for the position but he's not terribly short at 5'10" Maybe Hanley can take some more reps at 1B again and he can DH a little.

If you can hit....these things tend to have a way of working themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Chavis got some quick hands, he would be deadly at Fenway. Last night he took 2 walks, learning the zone. He's starting to get it.
    There are a lot of good things that chavis has learned and done this year. I know the defense will never be spectacular, but once he adjusts, he can hit and hit for a little power. We need this badly.

My biggest fear is desperate/planless dave trades him and others off for a reliever that gives us a third of an inning before being carted off for tommy John surgery.

Much like the neutered dog desperate/planless dave does not get it.

Houck spun a good game tonight!