Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 361 to 373 of 373

Thread: 2017 Prospect Mega Thread

  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Chavis .281, too. Mata did OK too.
    24 HRs in 337 ABs in the minors this year.

    .969 OPS.

    When will he be called to AAA?

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    24 HRs in 337 ABs in the minors this year.

    .969 OPS.

    When will he be called to AAA?
    Next year. His OPS is only .849 in AA right now. That's good, but not dominant. There will also be more of a roster crunch in AAA.
    I told you so.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Next year. His OPS is only .849 in AA right now. That's good, but not dominant. There will also be more of a roster crunch in AAA.
    Rutledge's rehab stint is nearly over. He will need to be traded or DFA'd, With Devers in MLB, there should be room for Chavis there, but I'm fine with the choices being made on promotions.

  4. #364
    If the Sox ever think about promoting from within. They should consider Salem's Joe Oliver. He's been one of our Best Managers developing kids. Chavis said he worked hard with him about his swing, to shorten it up, to cut down the K's.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rutledge's rehab stint is nearly over. He will need to be traded or DFA'd, With Devers in MLB, there should be room for Chavis there, but I'm fine with the choices being made on promotions.
    He will have to be offered back to the Rockies.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He will have to be offered back to the Rockies.
    They can have him.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Next year. His OPS is only .849 in AA right now. That's good, but not dominant. There will also be more of a roster crunch in AAA.
    I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got an end of season promotion. As in, he plays a week in Pawtucket.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rutledge's rehab stint is nearly over. He will need to be traded or DFA'd, With Devers in MLB, there should be room for Chavis there, but I'm fine with the choices being made on promotions.
    Rutledge will clear waivers.
    I told you so.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got an end of season promotion. As in, he plays a week in Pawtucket.
    Maybe. Seeing that neither the SeaDogs nor the PawSox will be in the playoffs, there isn't a reason to have him on one roster over the other.
    I told you so.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Maybe. Seeing that neither the SeaDogs nor the PawSox will be in the playoffs, there isn't a reason to have him on one roster over the other.
    Like I said I wouldn't be surprised but the more I think about it the more I think he finishes the season in Portland. IDK, call it 50/50 which is taking the easy way out. But as you said earlier, he's not exactly killing it in Portland. Still, an OPS above .800 after making a jump to a higher level is encouraging.

    Actually, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he started next year in Portland either. Although in that scenario I think he would be one of those early season promotions who would move up a level after a month if he was absolutely destroying the baseball.

  11. #371
    Chavis got some quick hands, he would be deadly at Fenway. Last night he took 2 walks, learning the zone. He's starting to get it.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; Today at 08:37 AM.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Like I said I wouldn't be surprised but the more I think about it the more I think he finishes the season in Portland. IDK, call it 50/50 which is taking the easy way out. But as you said earlier, he's not exactly killing it in Portland. Still, an OPS above .800 after making a jump to a higher level is encouraging.

    Actually, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he started next year in Portland either. Although in that scenario I think he would be one of those early season promotions who would move up a level after a month if he was absolutely destroying the baseball.
    If he finishes the year strong and has a monster ST, he could wind up in Boston. It all depends on what DD does in the offseason though.
    I told you so.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If he finishes the year strong and has a monster ST, he could wind up in Boston. It all depends on what DD does in the offseason though.
    Yup....but then it begs the question of where does he play? possibly a move to the outfield? If Benintendi can't improve upon his at bats vs. LHP he could get some reps against lefties in LF. Maybe he can play some 1B? he might be kind of short for the position but he's not terribly short at 5'10" Maybe Hanley can take some more reps at 1B again and he can DH a little.

    If you can hit....these things tend to have a way of working themselves out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •