Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4/9/17 Red Sox @ Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Sandy Freaking Leon! Dude is clutch!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!1!1!1!1
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

With two stud pitchers starting Monday I smell a slugfest!!!!

Seriously, this should be a good one.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

I'm looking forward to the pitcher's duel, which likely means it will be a slugfest.

It would be nice to leave Detroit with a split.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm looking forward to the pitcher's duel, which likely means it will be a slugfest.

It would be nice to leave Detroit with a split.
    A split would be nice given the circumstances.

I usually hate when play by play guys spew data on how a player performs against a certain team because it is a mostly useless stat to me.

However, I wonder what Sale's record against the Tigers is for say the past two years?

That would be relevant and fun to know.

JBJ diagnosed with "sprained ligament." That is not good. (Then again, listening to Seattle blow a 6 run lead in the bottom of the 9th was an amusing reminder that baseball has a very very very long season, and no one game, injury, or series is critical).

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

U/O must be at 6.5. Considering how both teams have hit in the last 3 games, and that both arms are aces, the thumb rule says U.

I won't miss this one. It will be a great game, for sure!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.