Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Steam Keys Giveaway

Double A

Steam Keys Giveaway

Ok. I've done this on every forum I've ever been on. Time to do it here.

I buy a lot of game bundles. i mean a lot. They are a great deal & it's awesome for someone like me who has very little money available for games. I cannot afford $50 or more for a new game. I buy bundles. $3 for sometimes 10 or even 12 games. Fantastic bargains. But I don't use all the keys. Not even half. I usually use one or two from the bundle. The rest sit there. A few years ago i started giving them away. I enjoy giving. So here we go.

So basically if there is a game on Steam you want, ask me. I may have a key for it. If I do, it's yours. But I have some rules.

The rules. NON-NEGOTIABLE.

1. Please use common sense when asking. These are from bundles. I am NOT going to have a just released game or a $50 games key. So please don't ask for one. Not even jokingly. I've heard them all. While I have a great sense of humor, it's tiring hearing the same lame joke over and over.
    2. BE PATIENT. I will acknowledge your request. It may take me a day or 2 to get back to you. Don't ask again if it's been acknowledged. I am working on it. I just don't have a definitive answer yet. Once i do, i will let you know immediately.
    3. I sometimes need an email address to send the key links. I do this through PM so you don't post an email address in public. Not ONE single person has ever gotten any spam due to my having the email. I don't sell them. Never will. I hate spam as much as you do. You won't get any.
    4. YOU MUST BE AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER HERE TO REQUEST A KEY. Don't sign up and ask for a key. i will ignore it. Otherwise i get absolutely BOMBARDED with one post accounts asking for a key. One time I had 117 brand new accounts wanting a key from me. I kid you not. I decided to not do that anymore. And while some forums appreciate and want new members, they NEVER stay active. They get their game and they are gone. So don't even bother.
    5. This is the string attached. i do not want, ask for, nor will I accept anything in return. What you must do, (and this is strictly honor system, I will never know if you do it or not) is perform an act of kindness in return for someone else. Help an old lady load her groceries or carry her bags. Anything. Just do something nice for someone else. I promise you it won't hurt. It might even feel good.
    6. On occasions, you might get a key that has been already used. This is because I never kept track in the beginning of which keys I used and which ones I didn't. Now the sites generally tell you when a key is unused. There is a gift icon or something. If it happens, i apologize. Not much I can do. I erase keys from the list when it does, but there is a chance.

I have 422 pages of unused keys on Humble Bundle alone. Still have Indie Gala, Bundle Stars, etc. Just a rough idea just how many I have.

I do have ONE key for Out Of The Park Baseball 16. It's a GREAT management sim. I highly recommend it to baseball and gaming fans. A word of caution, It can be incredibly addictive!

OK. That's it. Ask away.
    We satisfy our endless needs & justify our bloody deeds.
    In the name of destiny & in the name of God.

Awesome idea. i ended my computer gaming career with CoD MW2 and am now strictly Xbox gaming occasionally on my son's console.
    other names i have posted under: none

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I must be getting old. I did not understand a single thing in that post. It might as well have been written in another language. Good luck to everyone with this...video game stuff, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I must be getting old. I did not understand a single thing in that post. It might as well have been written in another language. Good luck to everyone with this...video game stuff, I guess?
    Ditto.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Ditto.
    Ditto.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

This is a pretty cool thing to do bro. Thanks!
    We miss you Mike.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who didn't understand what you're talking about.

I don't do video games, if that's what this is about.

At any rate, I think it's a nice gesture, and I think it's an awesome idea that you ask the recipients to do something nice for someone else in return. The world needs more of that.

Double A
    Maybe if those who didn't understand would do something as simple as, oh, I don't know, ASK what I was talking about instead of insulting someone who is trying to do something nice?? And then people wonder why " nobody gets involved or helps anymore." Un-fucking-real.
    We satisfy our endless needs & justify our bloody deeds.
    In the name of destiny & in the name of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Benintendi View Post
    Maybe if those who didn't understand would do something as simple as, oh, I don't know, ASK what I was talking about instead of insulting someone who is trying to do something nice?? And then people wonder why " nobody gets involved or helps anymore." Un-fucking-real.
    I don't think they were insulting you, I think they were genuinely confused by what Steam is, if I wasn't a gamer I imagine I'd be confused too.

I'm more of Xbox gamer, but my younger brothers are huge PC gamers who love try different games on steam and definitely get their money worth during the summer sales. I'll ask them and see if there is anything they've been wanting to try out.

Regardless, thank you for the great idea and doing something nice for the community. I really like the rules of this, especially with all the hate going on right now.

Nice offer, but no need to throw a fit because some people didn't understand it. We have a really good group here.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    No one was insulting you. We were simply commenting on how alien some of the things you young 'uns do are to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Not trying to insult you at all Beni. I was actually kind of poking fun at myself for being so ignorant of these things. I apologize if I offended you. As I said before, I think it's a great thing that you're doing.

Hey Kimmi~decided to join the crew here. I tried giving pumpsie a chance but that didn't work out at all, he kicked me out LOL! You were right.

Quote Originally Posted by 67RedSox View Post
    Hey Kimmi~decided to join the crew here. I tried giving pumpsie a chance but that didn't work out at all, he kicked me out LOL! You were right.
    LOL Sorry to hear that Pumpsie kicked you out.

Glad to have you aboard here though. Welcome!