Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 113 of 113

Thread: 4/21 at Baltimore

  1. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Are you saying that Kelly is no Ryan Dempster?
    lol

    Kind of why I was a big Johnny Gomes fan. Kind of like the old Trotter too. I always liked the athletes who did not start things but really weren't afraid to finish things when the heat got turned up.

  2. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I admire your mature attitude. I even wish I could agree with it! However, I think it's time the Sox made the statement that they're not going to take this shit from the Orioles or their douche-bag manager.

    Were it up to me I'd start Joe (100+mph) Kelly today and I'd let him pitch until he buries one in Machado's ribs. Then after Kelly gets ejected from the game I'd come back with my real starter.
    Hand the Os a 5 spot just to drill Machado? No thanks.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #108
    Let's stick one in Machado's ribs and ignite this rivalry, because the Yankees one has been neutered.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    lol

    Kind of why I was a big Johnny Gomes fan. Kind of like the old Trotter too. I always liked the athletes who did not start things but really weren't afraid to finish things when the heat got turned up.
    Yep. Like many of us, I have the iconic picture of 'Tek, AFraud and the "leather sandwich" over my desk at home.

    BTW, I hear that's the only picture 'Tek refuses to autograph. He's apparently not proud of how he handled that situation - while most Sox fans love it!!
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

  5. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yep. Like many of us, I have the iconic picture of 'Tek, AFraud and the "leather sandwich" over my desk at home.

    BTW, I hear that's the only picture 'Tek refuses to autograph. He's apparently not proud of how he handled that situation - while most Sox fans love it!!
    One of the hardest things to teach young athletes is that it is possible to be tough and maybe even a little mean but still be a human being. Don't let the assholes of the world get inside your head. I worked with a lot of kids who new that they could have kicked someone's ass in a fight but it was more important for us all it they were able to walk away from the taunts. I understand why tek might not have considered that one of his finer moments it is just that every now and then you have to do what you have to do. he was our kind of player!

  6. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I admire your mature attitude. I even wish I could agree with it! However, I think it's time the Sox made the statement that they're not going to take this shit from the Orioles or their douche-bag manager.

    Were it up to me I'd start Joe (100+mph) Kelly today and I'd let him pitch until he buries one in Machado's ribs. Then after Kelly gets ejected from the game I'd come back with my real starter.
    I am all for retaliation if the team deems it necessary.

    That said, it must be done the right way, which means absolutely no head hunting (in the ribs like you said). Also, winning the game is more important, IMO. In other words, don't do something stupid that's going to jeopardize the game in any way. If payback has to wait until the next game, then so be it.

    The best form of retaliation is to beat the crap out of them in the game.

  7. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Are you saying that Kelly is no Ryan Dempster?
    I will always admire Dempster for that plunk.

    He was certainly a man of the people that day.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    lol

    Kind of why I was a big Johnny Gomes fan. Kind of like the old Trotter too. I always liked the athletes who did not start things but really weren't afraid to finish things when the heat got turned up.
    I loved Ghomes. Plus he happened to look sort of like Charles Manson.

    Who the fuck would want to fight that?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •