Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mechanical pencils

  1. #1

    Mechanical pencils

    I much prefer them to ordinary pencils, starting with you don't have to sharpen them. I also have fond memories of doing the newspaper crossword with one when I was a teenager. My grandfather would start the puzzle and when he got stuck, pass it and the pencil to me.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    I don't believe that I have a pencil preference. Just give me something with a sharp point and a good eraser.

    I do my crosswords in pen because I started doing them in the newspaper way back in the day. I don't like the way pencil writes on newspaper.

    Nice story about your grandfather.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't believe that I have a pencil preference. Just give me something with a sharp point and a good eraser.

    I do my crosswords in pen because I started doing them in the newspaper way back in the day. I don't like the way pencil writes on newspaper.

    Nice story about your grandfather.
    I always say an optimist is someone who does the crossword in pen.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #4
    Fuck pencils. I'm part of the pen master race.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Fuck pencils. I'm part of the pen master race.
    Same here...... I only allow one kind of pen in the house and I freak out when other pens show up. Tomorrow I'm going to buy about 20 pens to drown out any other pen.

    But I do have a few pens from the Vatican. Full on pens that have the blessing from the POPE. and have the Pope signature. I love my Pope pen..
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I always say an optimist is someone who does the crossword in pen.
    My wife does them in erasable ink.

  7. #7
    I can't use mechanical pencils. I press hard and I snap them. I like the industrial grade ones with the thick lead.

    (Hmmm...it's kind of hard not to notice sexual connotations when you start talking pencils.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •