Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/3 vs Orioles

5/3 vs Orioles

Drew Pomeranz (2-1 4.15 ERA)

Kevin Gausman (1-2 7.50 ERA)

Gausman has been absolutely horrible this season and Sox have roughed him up once already. Win this shit.

Pedroia 2B
    Benintendi CF
    Betts RF
    Ramirez DH
    Bogaerts SS
    Moreland 1B
    Young LF
    Hernandez 3B
    Vazquez C

After hitting well in the 6th spot, I hope Pedroia can continue his hot streak now that he's back to leadoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Chris Sale likely 2 be suspended . Sporting news and Ken Rose.... bull-shit

@EvanDrellich

If Sale alone suspended, MLB will have afforded Orioles benefit of doubt but none for Red Sox--when everyone knows this is a back and forth.

I hate baseball....

I'm sorry, but Joe Torre has no qualifications for the job he holds. He has feedback in these type of things. I don't care if it is his call or not.. He has some say in the end. He's a scumbag.

I guess Manny Machado could say, I will go out there with a baseball bat and handle it...gets nothing. I remember Don Baylor getting hit by 95mph fastballs and jogging at first. I'm sorry but the pitchers can't pitch inside anymore, It is a hitters world I guess.

Machoman needs one in the ribs if Sale is suspended. Abad will not be missed for 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    I guess Manny Machado could say, I will go out there with a baseball bat and handle it...gets nothing. I remember Don Baylor getting hit by 95mph fastballs and jogging at first. I'm sorry but the pitchers can't pitch inside anymore, It is a hitters world I guess.
    Don Baylor was a man. Machado is a baby. Sad!

Sale suspended for what? He didn't even hit Machado. Is Bundy getting suspended too?

The consensus around baseball is that the Sox are coming off badly in all of this. Most seem to feel that Machado's slide was not all that bad. Throwing at his head was inexcusable. It cannot be defended. Pedroia understood that.Baltimore retaliates by hitting Mookie.Then there comes the racial stuff with Jones. Then , after the cheering for Jones , Sale throws at Machado again. Now , Sale may get a suspension. The whole thing has been poorly handled. Like it or not , most impartial observers think the Sox were mostly to blame. There is no more die-hard Sox fan than me, but I don't get the idea of us being the victims here. And I can't blame Machado for being upset. It is time for Farrell to show some leadership and put a stop to this. Maybe then the team can forget the distractions and start playing smart baseball. If it continues , there will be an all out brawl , with possible injuries and suspensions. We should not be rooting for that to happen.
    Last edited by dgalehouse; 05-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.

This is some kind of major bullshit if Sale gets suspended. For what?

Maybe if the umps had warned both teams before the game started and Sale ignored the admonition and threw behind Machollo anyway.

Otherwise this really is not fair or appropriate.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Joe Torre is clearly a senile stupid vindictive prick if Sale gets suspended. For what? He got warned.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Also, how does MLB justify a suspension if Sale was not even thrown out of the game?

That's nuts.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The consensus around baseball is that the Sox are coming off badly in all of this. Most seem to feel that Machado's slide was not all that bad. Throwing at his head was inexcusable. It cannot be defended. Pedroia understood that.Baltimore retaliates by hitting Mookie.Then there comes the racial stuff with Jones. Then , after the cheering for Jones , Sale throws at Machado again. Now , Sale may get a suspension. The whole thing has been poorly handled. Like it or not , most impartial observers think the Sox were mostly to blame. There is no more die-hard Sox fan than me, but I don't get the idea of us being the victims here. And I can't blame Machado for being upset. It is time for Farrell to show some leadership and put a stop to this. Maybe then the team can forget the distractions and start playing smart baseball. If it continues , there will be an all out brawl , with possible injuries and suspensions. We should not be rooting for that to happen.
    Well reasoned, stated. However, I still like what Sale did because to me it was obvious he meant to miss Machado while still sending a message. Plus Sale then struck Machado out and pitched 8 solid innings to--finally, finally--actually get a damn win. Maybe what he did aroused those dormant bats.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 05-03-2017 at 04:34 PM.