Register now to remove this ad

Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2268

Thread: Farrell

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You cannot fire the players
    You can. It would be very expensive and you'd have precious little to replace them with, but it can be done.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

You’re wondering if the FO would do something rash to placate the fans??
    Where DD is concerned, I see this being a big "YES."
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Where the sox are concerned, they absolutely would. They’re the kings of testing the waters and then poisoning the waters. Do you guys remember the PR disaster the Tito leaving press conference was?

One giant catapult needed to launch Farrell in the bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

You’re wondering if the FO would do something rash to placate the fans??
    NEVER!

Fatboy was an illusion!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

There is something to be said for winning the division twice. There is another to be said for being the favorite and really getting beaten soundly by the Stros and the Indians in the playoffs. One thing to remember is that Farrell isn't Dombrowski's guy. With the team now burning 2 seasons of high expectations with shit showings in the ALDS, I anticipate Farrell's option doesn't get picked up
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    So if sloppy baseball can win the division why do fundamentals matter? Baseball must be a very random sport.
    It is! It is!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The only time I saw Betts do it was when he had a big lead and the ball was hit very slowly to the SS.

Getting thrown out at 3B by 4 or more feet is bonehead, especially with 0 or 2 outs.
    I agree that you typically don't try to advance to 3B when the ball is hit to shortstop. I just don't agree with your characterization that it's always a boneheaded play, so much so that even little leaguers know not to do it. It's a judgment call.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It is! It is!
    There's no such thing as true randomness.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    If bad baseball doesn't stop the team from winning it is not a concern.

Or it could be that those who claim they observed bad baseball did not see as much of it as they thought.

Or some combination of both.
    I don't like to see bad fundamentals, even if the overall net is a positive. That said, I don't think it was as bad as some here think it was.

Deity
    This team has to get over the hump. This division's tough. They really need a strong bat in the offseason. Watching the Yankees and they clearly have outplayed the Indians in the series. They have a lineup that I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He might get canned but it won't be because of today's game.
    Henry tends to panic about such things, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's canned. Not directly because of anything he did in this game, but because the team did not advance to the next round.

Deity
    There is something to be said for winning the division twice. There is another to be said for being the favorite and really getting beaten soundly by the Stros and the Indians in the playoffs. One thing to remember is that Farrell isn't Dombrowski's guy. With the team now burning 2 seasons of high expectations with shit showings in the ALDS, I anticipate Farrell's option doesn't get picked up
    Last year maybe, but even then the Indians had the better record and home field advantage. This year no way the Sox were favored over the Astros.

As for high expectations, look homeward, why doncha? In the John Henry era the Yankees have continued to outspend the Sox but have clearly fallen behind in postseason success.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Last year maybe, but even then the Indians had the better record and home field advantage. This year no way the Sox were favored over the Astros.

As for high expectations, look homeward, why doncha? In the John Henry era the Yankees have continued to outspend the Sox but have clearly fallen behind in postseason success.
    Nice that you picked the Henry era, since we won 4 titles right before he arrived. LOL
    Hal sucks

Nice that you picked the Henry era, since we won 4 titles right before he arrived. LOL
    O rly? How many since?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win