Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Farrell

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    So, you WANT your color analyst to just throw roses at the team and not tell what actually happening?
    E-rod's minor league start was lousy. I think "Yuck" conveys the truth of that quite nicely.

I don't think Price actually gives a rats ass about what Eckersley said, I think he saw a chance to bully someone and display his warped sense of leadership.

If it weren't Eck's comment about E-rod, it would've been something else.

The biggest shame in all this would be if Eckersley changes the way he announces, or decides the BS isn't worth it at all.
    Price might very well see himself as a team leader here and if he actually is it is a sad sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    You trust the media entirely too much. They're laying the spin on about as thick as they can to protect their own. Don't fall for the smokescreen. Eckersley threw the first punch in that little spat. If price was on an island I'd feel differently, but a lot of players who should know better if the media reports were on the level were backing Price, I think that counts for something.
    Nonsense.

While I don't care for a lot of the shit the media spews the vast majority of it is factual and reported responsibly.

I was watching the game that night when Eck said "yuk" in response to OB stating ERod's line in Pawtucket. It was only one word out of a benign exchange concerning the progress the gimp had made and what the team was looking for.

Eck, in this instance at least, said NOTHING critical or offensive. I very much doubt that any of the individuals that confronted Eck or laughed even heard or saw a replay of what he had said.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

And we can add in the ever so lovable Pedroia as a co-conspirator since he was one of the guys rooting on Price.

Great...

Fire Farrell.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And we can add in the ever so lovable Pedroia as a co-conspirator since he was one of the guys rooting on Price.

Great...

Fire Farrell.
    I don't doubt this but how do you know? I have not seen any Sox reports today.

If this so I am not surprised.

TRADE PEDROIA!!!!!!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

TRADE PEDROIA!!!!!!
    http://www.csnne.com/boston-red-sox/...ey-altercation

Deity

Great...

Fire Farrell.
    Not so fast - the first report said that he was much a part of it. The second said he was nowhere near and said nothing. I'll just say what I said earlier - were they all even on the right plane. Maybe even a Price look-a-like. Write a story - if it sells and somebody thinks that it is just filled with with good honest journalism, good for them.

Deity

TRADE PEDROIA!!!!!!
    Second report today, took it back. Pedroia evidently wasn't even close. A weird story getting weirder.

Deity

TRADE PEDROIA!!!!!!
    They could trade them all save Sale and Kimbrel and I'd be ok with it. It is a joke.

There seems to be some question as to whether Pedroia was one of the ones cheering on Price. I would expect better from Dustin ( That's not how we do things around here ) Pedroia. It would be interesting to know just which players were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Not so fast - the first report said that he was much a part of it. The second said he was nowhere near and said nothing. I'll just say what I said earlier - were they all even on the right plane. Maybe even a Price look-a-like. Write a story - if it sells and somebody thinks that it is just filled with with good honest journalism, good for them.
    Yes, they were all on the plane. It was a chartered plane for the Sox and NESN.

Is there a bigger bunch of snowflakes than Boston sportswriters?

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Where's the second report? I don't see a retraction on CSNNE.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Is there a bigger bunch of snowflakes than Boston sportswriters?
    Yup, the 25 man roster. Don't dare say "yuck" about a bad performance of theirs!

Yup, the 25 man roster. Don't dare say "yuck" about a bad performance of theirs!
    Haha, seems like a toxic combo.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Haha, seems like a toxic combo.
    Yup, which is why they need a stronger leader than Farrell.

I have no problem with players bitching at beat reporters as it's easy to just not read the paper. Taking on the broadcasters is a bit much for me.