Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Nice article about Ryan Westmoreland

Nice article about Ryan Westmoreland

I think it was lost in the whole ALDS news, this is a great article written about this guy.

A very sad baseball history, the good thing is that his personal life looks good.

A feel good story

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ded-mike-trout

PS Don't know if somebody else posted this, if so please delete the thread

Nice article. Thanks for the link.

I'm glad he's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I think it was lost in the whole ALDS news, this is a great article written about this guy.

A very sad baseball history, the good thing is that his personal life looks good.

A feel good story

I am glad that he is starting to move on and find something positive in life, but to me it is just a very, very sad story to have everything snatched away so irretrievably at such a young age.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I am glad that he is starting to move on and find something positive in life, but to me it is just a very, very sad story to have everything snatched away so irretrievably at such a young age.
    It's happened a couple times with Red Sox players given the number 25; Tony Conigliaro comes to mind.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    It's happened a couple times with Red Sox players given the number 25; Tony Conigliaro comes to mind.
    At least Tony C. got to play in the Bigs and play in All Star games etc. Yes, his story was tragic, but at least it was due to a game injury. Westmoreland's career was ended by a freak devastating physical abnormality. It was such a cruel twist of fate.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post

A feel good story

A feel good story indeed Carpin. Thanks for posting it.

It's sad about his baseball career, but the important thing is that he seems to be getting his life on track.

Very good read. Thanks for posting.

I've been finding myself enjoying a lot of BleacherReport articles. They put out some good material.

Wow, very nice story. I had only heard his name; I knew absolutely nothing about him. Sad to read about his troubles, but good to see he his making the most out of life. Makes me think what our team would look like if he had kept playing with that same promise, potential, and talent. No JBJ? Would we have ever drafted Benintendi?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wow, very nice story. I had only heard his name; I knew absolutely nothing about him. Sad to read about his troubles, but good to see he his making the most out of life. Makes me think what our team would look like if he had kept playing with that same promise, potential, and talent. No JBJ? Would we have ever drafted Benintendi?
    He was a very good prospect, I remember watching some replays and his beautiful swing, but what really got my attention was his arm, he was a real 5 tools player. At least he's doing good in his personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Very good read. Thanks for posting.

I've been finding myself enjoying a lot of BleacherReport articles. They put out some good material.
    Yes, once in a while they post very interesting stories

He was fortunate to have signed a nice bonus deal with the Sox.

Can you image having to deal with his life without a bunch of money to help?

Around these parts he was seen as another Baldelli type.

Unfortunately neither had luck with health.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He was fortunate to have signed a nice bonus deal with the Sox.

Can you image having to deal with his life without a bunch of money to help?

Around these parts he was seen as another Baldelli type.

Unfortunately neither had luck with health.
    Yep, certainly the money is helping

The author compares him with Trout, but I think your comparison with Baldelli is probably better