Register now to remove this ad

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2268

Thread: Farrell

  1. #2251
    I'm not going to speculate on who JF's replacement will be but I believe it will be someone who can manage all three of the Boston media, the clubhouse, and make the on-field decisions. I don't see it being Gardenhire because he's never had to handle a hostile media, plus IMO the Sox are going to be looking for someone younger.
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

  2. #2252
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'm not going to speculate on who JF's replacement will be but I believe it will be someone who can manage all three of the Boston media, the clubhouse, and make the on-field decisions.
    That's not asking that much, is it?

  3. #2253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Thank goodness for me. I'm kind of like Raymond. Everyone loves me.

    I'm very sweet and lovable.
    +104
    other names i have posted under: none

  4. #2254
    The only reason I wouldn't want Cora is because he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I'm afraid of what this sucky job would do to him.
    Pehaps he's got the personality to handle it.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

    It works the same way for stupid."

  5. #2255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Tomase is a fool, asshat, buffoon, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, and simpleton.

    Also, broken clocks are right twice a day.
    He's also a dope, schnook, dimwit, pinhead, ninny, boob, lunkhead, dullard and above all, with due credit to Archie Bunker, a meathead. Dead from the neck up.

    There, that got to 20 and never once was id__t mentioned.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  6. #2256
    Reading Speier's story about Farrell's ouster - it sure sounds like a guy like Cora is in the offing ... https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...ells-departure

    In particular, the noteworthy thing is Dombrowski's emphasis on working with the young core - and dealing with young players who put a lot of pressure on themselves.

  7. #2257
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Reading Speier's story about Farrell's ouster - it sure sounds like a guy like Cora is in the offing ... https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...ells-departure

    In particular, the noteworthy thing is Dombrowski's emphasis on working with the young core - and dealing with young players who put a lot of pressure on themselves.
    Yes, this was the big thing I took away from the story too.

  8. #2258
    I'm still hoping for Cora.

    Kapler could be fine?

    "Former White Sox slugger and Hall of Famer Frank Thomas says Gabe Kapler 'could make it' as a manager but is better suited for the 'numbers game' of the front office."

    "On November 7, 2014, he was hired by the Dodgers to become the team's new Director of Player Development.[62] In that position, he managed to make all the affiliates in the Dodgers farm system, as well as the major league team, switch to serving entirely organic food.[63] He was one of the favorites to become the new Dodgers manager following the departure of Don Mattingly[64] but lost out to Dave Roberts.[65]"
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #2259
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I'm still hoping for Cora.

    Kapler could be fine?

    "Former White Sox slugger and Hall of Famer Frank Thomas says Gabe Kapler 'could make it' as a manager but is better suited for the 'numbers game' of the front office."

    "On November 7, 2014, he was hired by the Dodgers to become the team's new Director of Player Development.[62] In that position, he managed to make all the affiliates in the Dodgers farm system, as well as the major league team, switch to serving entirely organic food.[63] He was one of the favorites to become the new Dodgers manager following the departure of Don Mattingly[64] but lost out to Dave Roberts.[65]"
    It is possible. As we know, he has managed before ... so at least he has done the job in some form or another.

  10. #2260
    Kapler's wife has a nice rack.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  11. #2261
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Kapler's wife has a nice rack.
    So did Pablo.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #2262
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Kapler's wife has a nice rack.
    she can def get hugs.

    120815_1322_25MostAttra14.jpg
    other names i have posted under: none

  13. #2263
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    So did Pablo.
    Except for the hair.

  14. #2264
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Except for the hair.
    Both are irrelevant to who should be the manager going forward tho.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #2265
    So, Farrell was fired, in part, because of poor communication: now this...

    The Red Sox announced on Thursday that southpaw reliever Robby Scott underwent a “left elbow arthroscopy and debridement” procedure but is expected to be back to full strength by Spring Training 2018. As several have pointed out (including CSN New England’s Evan Drellich, on Twitter), it’s rather confounding that president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski told the media just yesterday that he wasn’t aware of any Sox players that required offseason surgery on the very day on which Scott was undergoing this procedure.

    Should DD fire himself?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •