Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 361 to 375 of 375

Thread: Should Jackie Bradley Jr be traded?

  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    All I've ever said is that he's at least as good if not a little better. You've proved my point.
    Except that Pedroia has a much better history, even recently. If you like Hernandez' 2016, who not Pedroia's when he had a 13.8 offensive fWAR?

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Except that Pedroia has a much better history, even recently. If you like Hernandez' 2016, who not Pedroia's when he had a 13.8 offensive fWAR?
    Recently, Pedroia is a negative WAR offensive player who is aging and has a lengthy injury history.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Recently, Pedroia is a negative WAR offensive player who is aging and has a lengthy injury history.

    And yet he is still the best option for the Sox at 2B, still an overall positive contributor to the team, and not going anywhere despite committing thr cardinal sin of turning 34.

    Hernandez (who missed more games due to injury than Pedroia recently) should have a place on the MLB roster next year. Just not starting at 2B...

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And yet he is still the best option for the Sox at 2B, still an overall positive contributor to the team, and not going anywhere despite committing thr cardinal sin of turning 34.

    Hernandez (who missed more games due to injury than Pedroia recently) should have a place on the MLB roster next year. Just not starting at 2B...
    I have not said otherwise. I only said Hernandez could fill in adequately for Pedroia in the event of injury.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I have not said otherwise. I only said Hernandez could fill in adequately for Pedroia in the event of injury.
    I took it that way and agree with your point.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I have not said otherwise. I only said Hernandez could fill in adequately for Pedroia in the event of injury.
    And REPLACE his production. As we have seen, that's only possible if Pedroia is at his worst....

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And REPLACE his production. As we have seen, that's only possible if Pedroia is at his worst....
    First, I want to say, I do not think Marco can or will replace Pedey's offense, but I wouldn't say the "only way" about it.

    1) Marco has been over .780 in both of his last 2 seasons at AA and AAA. While that does not mean he can do that at the ML level, it's not impossible to imagine him hitting near .790.

    2) Pedey "at his worst" for a full season was .712 in 2015. He's 33 now, and one could imagine him declining next year. Plus, he's been under .800 in 5 of his last 6 seasons. That's not far from Marco's 2 season totals on the farm.

    3) I wouldn't feel awful, if Marco had to play 2B a lot next year, but there is a significant chance he falls way short of Pedey's recent production. Pedey's at .764 now, and so projecting Marco to come close to that, I feel, is not a big stretch. They could both easily be near .750 next season.


  8. #368
    Don't forget that Marco missed almost the entire season this year. He's probably got his work cut out just to get back to major league game shape.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Don't forget that Marco missed almost the entire season this year. He's probably got his work cut out just to get back to major league game shape.
    True, and Pedey's injury may not improve much for next year.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True, and Pedey's injury may not improve much for next year.
    Many on this forum don't care but I wonder whether Dustin Pedroia will age better the Seattle second baseman Robinson Cano, who is 10 months older than Pedroia.

    In 1,502 MLB games Pedroia has posted 48.4 fWAR, including 1.9 fWAR this year and 5.3 fWAR last year.

    In 1,995 MLB games Cano has posted 52.3 fWAR, including 3.3 fWAR this year and 5.9 fWAR last year.

    Of course after this season Pedroia has only four years and $56 million remaining on his contract while Cano has six years and $144 million left on his contract.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Many on this forum don't care but I wonder whether Dustin Pedroia will age better the Seattle second baseman Robinson Cano, who is 10 months older than Pedroia.

    In 1,502 MLB games Pedroia has posted 48.4 fWAR, including 1.9 fWAR this year and 5.3 fWAR last year.

    In 1,995 MLB games Cano has posted 52.3 fWAR, including 3.3 fWAR this year and 5.9 fWAR last year.

    Of course after this season Pedroia has only four years and $56 million remaining on his contract while Cano has six years and $144 million left on his contract.
    Cano should age well. He seems like a strong physical specimen. And he has conserved his energy over the years not running out routine grounders.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Largely carried by the negative baserunning component. All hid peripherals related to batting are above average.

    An injured player who can't run on a team that has been willy-nilly on the basepaths all season shouldn't be expected to do all that well...
    Thank you.

  13. #373
    tall and lean usually age well. Short guys don't.
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Cano should age well. He seems like a strong physical specimen. And he has conserved his energy over the years not running out routine grounders.
    Good point.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And REPLACE his production. As we have seen, that's only possible if Pedroia is at his worst....
    Which he is right now and only getting older.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •