Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 St. Louis

5/16 St. Louis

The land of the red birds. Take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    The land of the red birds. Take them down.
    With all due respect to Carter ( I like that guy ) the SL fans are obnoxious twits that think their shit does not stink.

I have a history at Redbirds.com and it is not pretty.

Fuck the cards and their shit for brains fans.

They can all go choke on gooey butter.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

redbirds aka ruskies aka commie bastids aka trump.
    GO SOX.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    I'm actually kind of partial to the Cardinals. I don't root for them of course. But they are one of the oldest MLB franchises with a lot of history. The guy who really got them going was Branch Rickey, who i think was the first to develop minor league relationships that fed the MLB team. Ever since then, including the 21st century, their overall management has been solid. The St Louis Cardinal fans are not so much fanatics as incredibly loyal because their population is 316K, down from 856K in 1950, but their attendance is regularly near the top in MLB. Right now they are 2d of 30 teams. If you drive across the country or at least as far west as Missouri and Oklahoma, you will hear their games on the radio.

ERod vs. Lynn tonight--tough match-up given our struggles at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    redbirds aka ruskies aka commie bastids aka trump.
    GO SOX.
    lulz
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I'm actually kind of partial to the Cardinals. I don't root for them of course. But they are one of the oldest MLB franchises with a lot of history. The guy who really got them going was Branch Rickey, who i think was the first to develop minor league relationships that fed the MLB team. Ever since then, including the 21st century, their overall management has been solid. The St Louis Cardinal fans are not so much fanatics as incredibly loyal because their population is 316K, down from 856K in 1950, but their attendance is regularly near the top in MLB. Right now they are 2d of 30 teams. If you drive across the country or at least as far west as Missouri and Oklahoma, you will hear their games on the radio.

ERod vs. Lynn tonight--tough match-up given our struggles at the plate.
    all great points Max but i will counter with 3 words: tony. la. russa.
    fuck the cardinals
    other names i have posted under: none

@Cardinals

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of our 1967 World Series Championship, both #STLCards & #RedSox will wear '67 throwback uniforms tonight.

Wonder why they won't wear 2004 or 2013 throwbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @Cardinals

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of our 1967 World Series Championship, both #STLCards & #RedSox will wear '67 throwback uniforms tonight.

yeah, we're the guests in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    With all due respect to Carter ( I like that guy ) the SL fans are obnoxious twits that think their shit does not stink.

Fuck the cards and their shit for brains fans. They can all go choke on gooey butter.
    Hold on there Spudster! Don't confuse long time, game attending fans with the shit for brains jag-offs that frequent Redbirds.com and worse of all, Cards Talk. That place is so awful that the Mod stopped modding! The guy just fucking gave up!

You guys are catching us at a bad time. After a horrible 3-9 start, in the last 3 weeks the starters and pen have been surprisingly effective (even grandpa Wainwright) The Achilles heel is shitty D and the worst base running you ever saw short of little league. I figure this little series will be a split. I will definitely take a split!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @Cardinals

LOL....I think you know the answer to that one. I wonder if any of the old '67 Sox will be there? I love to see old ball players run into each other after many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Hold on there Spudster! Don't confuse long time, game attending fans with the shit for brains jag-offs that frequent Redbirds.com and worse of all, Cards Talk. That place is so awful that the Mod stopped modding! The guy just fucking gave up!

You guys are catching us at a bad time. After a horrible 3-9 start, in the last 3 weeks the starters and pen have been surprisingly effective (even grandpa Wainwright) The Achilles heel is shitty D and the worst base running you ever saw short of little league. I figure this little series will be a split. I will definitely take a split!
    HEY! Our Shitty D and little league base running can easily give you guys a run for your money!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    LOL....I think you know the answer to that one. I wonder if any of the old '67 Sox will be there? I love to see old ball players run into each other after many years.
    Rico and Yaz are really the two guys that still show up. Others show up once in a while.

Betts RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Bogaerts SS
    Benintendi LF
    Moreland 1B
    Vazquez C
    Bradley CF
    Marrero 3B
    Rodriquez P

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

Fuck the cards and their shit for brains fans.

They can all go choke on gooey butter.
    What he said lol!