Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 5/16 St. Louis

I'll take the win.

I like E-Rod........ I think he will be very servicable.......

If this team played like a sharp club, they would be a few games better in the standings.....

I think Vasquez is more show than a solid receiver........... I like Leon better.........
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Tonight the Cardinals handed us the game, not the other way around. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    Vazquez looks like he's always taking a shit.
    Post of the day.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Marrero has really flashed a nice glove the past few games.
    Itoadaso.

Now all he has to do is put up a .300-.330 OBP and he has the job.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Wonder what is wrong with that gun of his. He has taken some beating by slamming into walls, maybe it hurt his shoulder.
    That is an excellent question and idea.

His arm is WAY off this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Itoadaso.

Now all he has to do is put up a .300-.330 OBP and he has the job.
    Not a chance. He's a career .256 OBP guy and didn't even get to .300 last year in Pawtucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'll take the win.

I like E-Rod........ I think he will be very servicable.......

If this team played like a sharp club, they would be a few games better in the standings.....

I think Vasquez is more show than a solid receiver........... I like Leon better.........
    I'll take a win any day of the week I just wishared we could get on a streak of some type. It seems we just keep playing right around .500

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Tonight the Cardinals handed us the game, not the other way around. Thank you very much.
    All due respect--you did, after all, start a winning thread--I give our guys a lot of credit. Cardinal errors helped, but we still had 5 rbi's and 2 dingers. Plus the Cardinals only rally, 3 runs in the 3d, depended heavily on ERod hitting their pitcher and put him on base instead of getting should have been an easy out. I whined about ERod, but he went 6 while giving up 3, a quality start. The bullpen was great. The defense was very good, especially the great play by Mookie in RF, plus having Marrero at 3B. No errors.

The Cardinals are right now leading the NL Central and were playing in their park--thus no DH (probably a blessing in disguise for the Sox) and their starter Lynn had been very good his previous 4 starts. So wasn't it neat when Betts lead off with a dinger and JBJ added one an inning later?

I am the world's leading proponent of the thesis that earned and unearned runs are total bs created by the pitchers lobby. To me a run is a run, and an error is not an excuse for a pitcher to say, "OK, whatever happens now ain't on me but on the turkey who just made the error." Our team beat their team 6-3 on their field fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not a chance. He's a career .256 OBP guy and didn't even get to .300 last year in Pawtucket.
    I agree that it is unlikely. It's a shame really.

However, recently Farrell said that Mererro had altered his approach for MLB and that sometimes players can do that and have better success in MLB than in the minors.

I think that Farrell was just putting a wishful thinking spin on his 3rd base plight. In the same interview he seemed to dis the other three guys who have failed there this year.

I found that weird.

i blame farrell for this win.
    other names i have posted under: none