Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Do we need more moderators?

  1. #1

    Do we need more moderators?

    Youk does a great job, but he is only one man, and as far as I know, none of the other mods have been active here for years. I'm not volunteering, but could we use more help to get rid of spammers in a more timely fashion?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    I requested two more from YZ over a year ago. He agreed, but I have not heard from him since. As the administrator, he is the only one who can access the controls necessary to make mods, so until he does there is nothing to be done.

    I have also considered asking him if I could buy the site from him. Anyone have comments on that? I would love to hear them.


  3. #3
    Seems like a good idea if you ask me. I don't know enough about it, but it seems reasonable that he would give it up, unless it's got some sentimental value.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Seems like a good idea if you ask me. I don't know enough about it, but it seems reasonable that he would give it up, unless it's got some sentimental value.
    I'm sure it does, though. He created this site at the beginning of the 2004 season and was a huge presence for the first decade of its existence. I'm not saying I don't want him around, it was more just an idea if he was willing and maybe too busy with real life. I, on the other hand, have no life.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I requested two more from YZ over a year ago. He agreed, but I have not heard from him since. As the administrator, he is the only one who can access the controls necessary to make mods, so until he does there is nothing to be done.

    I have also considered asking him if I could buy the site from him. Anyone have comments on that? I would love to hear them.
    I'd chip in a few bucks if you need it.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  6. #6
    I think it would be a great idea, I haven't seen the admin, or any of the mods besides youk around at all. in fact I didn't even know we had that many mods. I know YZ built the site and we all respect that but I think youk taking over would be good for the site.

    regarding a mod, this site has a lot of active members who I think could be good mods. - mvp, a700, jbay, kimmi, bellhorn, among a few others. youk does a great job but its a lot of work.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'm sure it does, though. He created this site at the beginning of the 2004 season and was a huge presence for the first decade of its existence. I'm not saying I don't want him around, it was more just an idea if he was willing and maybe too busy with real life. I, on the other hand, have no life.
    I don't have a life, either.

    As I have said before, I would like to help moderate if you see a need at some point.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #8
    We had quite a crew back in the day, didnt we? Its too bad yz isnt around.
    The rebuild is complete.

  9. #9
    Bored and browsing....

    I haven't seen any issues with admin on this site.......... it was rough a few months after that other board came aboard, but they all are very cool now and I think have taken to the culture of this site.....

    Steph mentioned many good admins....... all I'd trust.

    Youk........ I totally back you 100 percent.......... you have a perfect flair for running a board and have amazing judgement and communication and leave things be when needed. Seriously man.......... you need to run for Prez...............

    I'm not sure why you would want to own the board.......... and I wasn't around when Yaz was posting............ but I'd throw a few dollars at making a great thing better in your eyes just like MVP suggested........
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  10. #10
    Someone light the YZ beacon!
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #11
    After today, it's 100% essential.

  12. #12
    I think we have some volunteers if we can find Yeszir. We should put his face on a milk carton
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  13. #13
    And here I thought BDC had cornered the market on colorful wannabe internet villains.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  14. #14
    I nominate Jack Flap and Spudboy.
    We miss you Mike.

  15. #15
    I have no way to get in touch with him outside of PMs. Just got rid of everything that guy posted, never thought we'd see him again.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •