Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Game Thread Record Thread

Game Thread Record Thread

Don't know if this has ever been done, but I thought it would be fun to see who has best game thread records. I'm incredibly bored watching Pomeranz not be a dick licker for once so I figured I'd start this thread, do the research and see whose been the most successful game thread starter this year since we seem to believe in mojo/luck and all that. And Again, if this has been done previously, I apologize. I will update this As often as possible and look forward to starting my first game thread this season soon. good work fellas.

MVP 78 4-3
    Nativebostonian 0-1
    Kimmi 2-3
    Youk Of the Nation 1-1
    Thunder 1-2
    JasonBay44 12-3
    Station 13 4-4
    Maxbialystock 1-2
    Soxhop 1-1
    Wade Boggs 3-2
    A700hitter 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    Don't know if this has ever been done, but I thought it would be fun to see who has best game thread records. I'm incredibly bored watching Pomeranz not be a dick licker for once so I figured I'd start this thread, do the research and see whose been the most successful game thread starter this year since we seem to believe in mojo/luck and all that. And Again, if this has been done previously, I apologize. I will update this As often as possible and look forward to starting my first game thread this season soon. good work fellas.

MVP 78 4-3
    Nativebostonian 0-1
    Kimmi 2-3
    Youk Of the Nation 1-1
    Thunder 1-2
    JasonBay44 12-3
    Station 13 4-4
    Maxbialystock 1-2
    Soxhop 1-1
    Wade Boggs 3-2
    A700hitter 0-1
    JBay is blowing away the field. This will have to be considered for every key series and the post season if we get there.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Is there any type of method/strategy for who makes each thread? I know someone told me if you make one, you keep making them till they lose, but how is it decided who makes them? just first come first serve? I made a few last year but it was at times where a thread wasn't being made.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    Is there any type of method/strategy for who makes each thread? I know someone told me if you make one, you keep making them till they lose, but how is it decided who makes them? just first come first serve? I made a few last year but it was at times where a thread wasn't being made.
    If you feel like starting the GT just go for it. As long as the rules are followed no one cares who starts one.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If you feel like starting the GT just go for it. As long as the rules are followed no one cares who starts one.
    What? Wait! I thought that in order to start a game thread a poster had to send Spudboy a $5 filing fee to get permission to do it.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    What? Wait! I thought that in order to start a game thread a poster had to send Spudboy a $5 filing fee to get permission to do it.
    Yes. I forgot that rule.

It is vital!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Man, I thought my gamethreads record was at least over .500. Tonight it will be.

Need to save JBay's mojo for when it is needed most!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

JBay is definitely the Game Thread King.

I, OTOH, basically need to stay out of the game threads.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Someone with more patience than I could check all the way back to April of 2004, but I'm pretty sure BornToRun has the longest streak in TalkSox history, and possibly the best winning percentage overall. There are probably users who are no longer around with more wins, but they have more losses too. In the first couple years of TS, there were not as many people creating GTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

In a limited sampling this year, I have about as many wins as the last two years combined... I got some graduation/Europe/moving into college mojo coming in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

MVP 78 4-3
    Nativebostonian 0-1
    Kimmi 2-3
    Youk Of the Nation 4-2
    Thunder 1-2
    JasonBay44 12-3
    Station 13 5-5
    Maxbialystock 1-2
    Soxhop 1-1
    Wade Boggs 3-2
    A700hitter 0-1
    Slasher9 0-1

Updated record... I can't edit first post for some reason, anyone know why?

MVP 78 5-4
    Nativebostonian 0-1
    Kimmi 2-3
    Youk Of the Nation 4-3
    Thunder 4-3
    JasonBay44 12-5
    Station 13 8-7
    Maxbialystock 3-3
    Soxhop 6-3
    Wade Boggs 3-2
    A700hitter 1-2
    Slasher9 0-1
    Spudboy 2-2
    dmoney 1-0 *Didn't make another game thread after winning his 1st*

Updated records

JBay or Soxhop, please help us out of this funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")